1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Richard Stearman

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Strattonblue, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

ITFC fan in peace.

There are some rumours that we have made an enquiry as he may be surplus to requirements at your end.

Have you heard anything similar in your neck of the woods?

What's he like as a player.

Thanks

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Heard this as well, am a little surprised as unless we sign another centre back then i don't really see him as surplus.

As far as how good is he, i would say he was OK, played two years now in the premier league so can't be that bad i guess, but centre back and left back were seen as two of our weaker areas for the last two seasons and prone to odd silly mistakes but is still young.

To be fair to the defence, we had been in the bottom 3 for most of the season so pressure wise they must have had loads.

I would be surprised if MM shipped him out unless we have another CB in the bag which they have not announced yet.

3. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

noticed the value being branded about as 1million, this pretty much confirms that this is paper talk, a young player with 2 years experience in the premier league for only 1 million. teams are paying that for groundsmen these days.

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Hedgeworth and Fellow Wolves fans, we welcome you to Portman Road for the friendly tomorrow. I am looking forward to a good game and if the rumours are true then Stearman could well be swapping shirts next week.

I am sure I have read somewhere that you guys have put in an offer for a Centre Back?

From what Mick McCarthey has been saying he is prepared to sell Stearman if he gets in a replacement Centre Back. Personally I would much prefer Jody Craddock but hey ho!

Good luck for next season and do the Budgie Boys for us!

5. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Same to you, i know only a friendly but still nice to win :p.

Well if you get him for 1 Million then you have got yourself a good deal I reckon. Just hope the replacement ends up better :)