1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ricardo in for Weale ? or any other fukka.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Leicester lad..ey up me duck, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

Reading around and listening to various opinions about Ricardo i have come to a conclusion.

Why the fukk is it everytime a new player is introduce by Sven do we constantly moan someone has been dropped.

A team is permitted 11 players a side on the pitch, so why do we moan when someone makes way.

This appears to happen every time...........we are advancing, things have to change to someones detriment whenever new blood comes in.

People slagged Ben Mee , Yak had a few moaners, Bruno , Fryatt , Sven................do i need to go on ?

FOR FUKKS SAKE give the new players a chance to show their skills/ qualities / worthiness for a particular game.

look where we were with Sousa , and ****s were even protesting when we blew that scruffy fashion icon out.

then when ideas work its "all aboard the bandwagon "

You 1 judgemental bastards<wah>

ahhhhhhhhhhhh fell so much better now, like a hanging turd vanquished :emoticon-0102-bigsm

2. matty elliot's balding cranium

point taken - me duck - but question especially would be what has weale done wrong -solid keeper - and remember - he won us the 3 points at sheffied united. so why drop him now?

3. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Some have suggested that Weale was not dropped but rested, and Ricardo was only picked to get him match sharp and used to the English game. (In other words, Sven knew Derby were so **** that we'd walk all over them and it wouldn't matter who we had in goal, we'd still make them look like the non-league side they are turning into).

I hope that's the case because Weale is in the best form of his season and frankly, it's quite an achievement for a goalkeeper to look as bad as Ricardo did without having a single save to make.

Of course I'm willing to let him prove that he's not just good at saving penalties and nothing else (as i've always thought having seen him play plenty of times) but I won't be particularly filled with confidence if he starts against Bristol instead of Weale. <ok>

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I could of played in goal and got a clean sheet on saturday

5. Vich's riches are fit for a King

Anyone who can't understand why the likes of Hobbs and Weale have been overlooked by Sven just needs to watch the second goal against Derby. Sven inherited a very good passing side (the one and only thing we have Paulo Sousa to thank for) and all good passing sides build from the back. Sousa was hampered in part by the fact that the defenders Pearson left behind were good honest pros but inadequate technically to play the kind of football he wanted us to play. Ricardo's distribution yesterday was excellent (not sure about the punching I have to say!) and he and all 4 defenders were involved in the build up for King's goal. Would we have scored that goal with Weale in goal and Hobbs and Morrison in defence? Probably not because one of the three would've panicked and hoofed it. I for one like the way were going, if that means it's the end for Hobbs here then that's a great shame because I like the kid, but I haven't been so entertained by a city side in many a moon and long may it continue.

6. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Is that the distribution where he passed it 5 yards or the distribution where he sliced it under pressure straight to Derby player?

It's good to be positive about players when we are doing well but come on. He did nothing that you or me couldn't have done.

7. Proud Fox

I could of passed the ball around the back 4 like that

I would rather a solid goalkeeper like Weale then someone who is just going to play on the edge of his area passing the ball 10 yards and flapping at everything

8. Vich's riches are fit for a King

He did punch it to a Derby player Emilio and the whole not catching the ball thing is something he definitely needs to work on, but if you watched him he was constantly looking to set people free (a bit like Reina for Liverpool) whenever he got the ball as opposed to Weale who tends to just hoof it without really assessing his options. That's why Ricardo has been brought in and Sven said as much in the post match interview. I know Weale's a favourite (I've never been 100% convinced) and he's been playing well recently so it seems harsh, but Sven wants his teams to build patiently from the back and I suspect that Ricardo is much better in this respect than Weale. It's only fair to assess Ricardo when he's actually had a save to make - if he turns out to be a liability his distribution won't mean a thing.

9. Megan_city_fox

Megan_city_fox New Member

Plus Weale is a cutie! dont like to look at ricardo for 90 mins :( x

10. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<doh>

11. Proud Fox

Totally agee couldnt care less what the players look like as long as they win

12. Megan_city_fox

Haha, I was just trying to wind the boys up because apparently girls know nothing about football. Some one better come over and explain the offside rule to me ;)

13. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ask Andy Gray <ok>

14. Megan_city_fox

Hehe, Sorry guys. But seriously, was Ricardo no good then? didnt get chance to sit down and watch the game :( x

15. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

I dunno a female comes onto the board and your like putty........we might get a cup or tea soon:biggrin:

better say hello , n welcome to the forum.:emoticon-0109-kiss::emoticon-0109-kiss:

Ps Don't wave your flag

16. Megan_city_fox

17. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

haha@ flag, I'm not even going there

18. Megan_city_fox

19. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

was refering to the Andy Gray and lineswoman episode

20. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

If I was Weale I´d be ****ed off. Drop him for the new GK if he´s playing bad & looking dodgy, but if your in form ? I have a feeling it´s another 'play him' loan contract. The thing is IF we would of got GIVEN in on loan I think we would´nt be moaning, I know I would´nt be. Still hard on Weale though.

:emoticon-0110-tongu