1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ricardo Gardner signs new Bolton deal

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Bolton left-back Ricardo Gardner has unexpectedly signed a new one-year contract to stay at the Reebok Stadium.

The 32-year-old was out-of-contract and had hardly featured for the Trotters last season due to knee injuries.

But the Jamaican has been given the chance to prove his fitness and force himself back into first-team contention with the new deal.

He went on loan at Preston to help improve his fitness at the end of last season, and was rumoured to be a target for relegated West Ham.

But his agent revealed last month that he had turned down the Hammers in hope of getting a new deal from Owen Coyle's side. That contract was forthcoming and has been penned by Gardner.

Ahead of a 13th campaign at Bolton, Gardner said: "I want to thank everyone for the opportunity to sign on here for another year - a club where I have played for so long.

"I have been at Bolton almost my entire career and I wanted to stay here longer. I have been very happy here and so has my family.

"I'm looking forward to this pre-season because it is a fresh start. I hurt my knee just after the season started last year and I had to play catch-up.

"I had a bit of a break in the summer and went back to Jamaica for two weeks to give my muscles all the rest that I needed and spend time with my family.

"It was important that I prepared myself right because this is a big season for me and I want to make sure that I enjoy it."

2. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Good luck to him, always a good servant of this club.

The one that hasn't been mentioned is Ali Al Habsi going to Wigan permanently.

This one will definitely come back to bite us on the bum. Sorry OC but you called this one wrong.

3. Bolton4Europe

Bolton4Europe Active Member

I agree, I think Al Habsi would of been great to replace Jussi. We should of seen it coming a lot eariler to be honest.