1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Retained List/Signings....

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by pirate49, May 18, 2012.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Poke was never on the cards was he? I thought MM said definately not as he thought our two current keepers were good enough? Im gutted about it though as I thought he was great and better than Bevan

2. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Just got a text saying Stanleys contract has been terminated.

3. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yup...so perhaps things beginning to move now..........

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

MM must have some solid arrangements in place to let so many go before replacement.

5. pirate49

Forum Moderator

Oliver Norburn...initial one year deal.
    Was on loan to us last season....5 appearances.
    Can't get too excited by this!

6. Chris-Gashead

Confirmed on official site now

7. carry- on- rovers

carry- on- rovers Active Member

We seem to be signing players on short term contracts (6 mths 1yr) also really young players so prob not to expensive,Seanan Clucas, Norburn etc.

I was not to impressed with Brown however he was unloved at the start ,then injured so perhaps we have not seen the best of him so far.With 6 months contract he has something to prove to M&M so may show us what he is made of?

Seanan Clucas sounds a little like Campbell breaks things up in the middle good link player again we dont know much about him.

Crewe had a young side last year,if M&M picks up a good striker and we do not lose the youngsters from leicester at the back who knows perhaps M&M is putting together a good blend of young and seasoned pros.

Any thoughts from the faithfull.

COR
    <wizard>

8. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I'm going to wait and see how the rest of our signings pan out before I pass judgement, carry-on.

At the moment we don't have a defence and the Carayol situation is still to be resolved. McGhee is cutting it a little fine as the squad are back in training and we are short of defenders and strikers - a young side is not necessarily a bad thing, but we do need a bit more experience at the back and in the middle of the park.

Is Virgo fit (as fit as a semi-crocked lard-ass can be!) yet?

9. Airbus Gas

Airbus Gas Member

I am getting depressed again. Bevan in Goal and a youth team in front of him. Bluebaldee is right; "a young side is not necessarily a bad thing"... However you need some old heads out there that know what they are doing. I am not sure if any of our seniors have a wisw head between them.:emoticon-0107-sweat

10. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Well, we appear to have Clarkson on board. That has to be a good thing. He'll be more than decent at this level.

11. pirate49

Forum Moderator

12. Chris-Gashead

Woodards too <ok>

13. Chris-Gashead

Mark Reynolds and Gary Kenneth are possibly signing apparently. Faroe Island international Rogvi Baldvinsson is apparently having a medical on Monday and if all goes well, he will become our player and Fabian Broghammer is on trial with us but I hear we will only sign him if Muzzy leaves. Dave Clarkson is on the verge of signing a deal according to sources.

Finally, LEON KNIGHT <laugh>

14. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well once Muzzy ****s off we will have a bit of cash to play with sounds like he's been upseting a few Rovers fans, so as far as I'm concern he can go and good riddance to him.

15. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

No, not good riddance to Muzzy. He's a bloody good player who should be playing in the Championship.

I reckon it's daft for our fans to have a pop at him simply because he wants to play at the highest level possible. We got him for nothing and, if he's sold, we'll make hundreds of thousands from him. So thanks Muzzy for the skill that you exhibited in the blue and white quarters and best of luck for the future.

But, and it's a big but (like ROD's missus has got <laugh>), if he stays we'll have a helluva team next season.....

16. Chris-Gashead

BB, I don't think Muzzy is all that. Got a bit of pace about him and a couple of tricks but he wont be able to do well in the championship with just those attributes IMO. Perhaps he will do well with the right team and manager though and good luck to him. On the twitter thing, he is a professional player and should learn to keep his trap shut regardless of what some school children think of him leaving/wanting a move. Afterall, they contribute towards his wages. We have had some brilliant players play for this club before and they moved on with our best wishes. Muzzy on the other hand has gone about it the wrong way, and he will not be remembered so fondly by some for his little outbreaks via twitter

17. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't see Muzzy making it in the Championship its a massive step up for a player who was relagated to Conference with Lincoln a year ago, he had a few good games for us and thats it, if he was that good some club would of snapped him up before we did, agreed Rovers fans shouldn't have a pop at player just because they want to further there career but like Chris says he's professional and should just keep it quite and not go on twitter crying like a girl, besides we still have Joe Anyinsah to do the buisness for us now and he's going to tear it up big time :biggrin:

18. pirate49

Forum Moderator

I'm concerned about where the goals are going to come from. I've seen the WSM and
    Yeovil games, and although we look tidy and reasonably tight at the back the opposing
    goalies have hardly been disturbed.
    Harrold will probably get 10/12, but Clarkson has not convinced yet and Richards still
    flutters around at the edges.
    Zebroski didn't get on today. When Anyinsah went up front and Hunter came on
    we looked more potent.

19. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

judging by leicester city's performance today, they could do with muzzy plus 10 others, championship club? hereford could have given them a game1

20. carry- on- rovers

carry- on- rovers Active Member

Good grief all this moaning...........pre season friendlys other than match fitness,formation, pairings,trialists and tactics counts for nought

The proof in the eating is the league matches, look at last year!

As for Muzzy along with Woodards he was our stand out player last year,good luck to him in the Championship,it looks as if that has freed up some needed cash to attract some players, that Mcghee feels will do a good job for the team and will play for him!!

Starting to get warm and fuzzy round the edges..........yeh yeh less of the comments.The new season is just around the corner.

Worried though with Pirates comments as Zebroski works hard but little control appaling first touch and second third :biggrin:Anyinsah looked poor last season again vs Caryol so perhaps he will have chance to play more games and shine this year however if not I would offload him.
    Richards is still learning and will only get better if he plays more games and learns from the new strikers and Gaffer.

We need a game changer in the middle of the park as Matty Gill is again workman like.

COR
    <wizard>