1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Retained List/Signings....

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by pirate49, May 18, 2012.

1. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No real surprises:

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10328~2775732,00.html

Sad to see Byron go...he's been a great servant. Great saving blocks but too many
    rash challenges.
    I'm glad McLaggon will still be around, but he has to prove himself to MM.
    Looks like we won't be going after Poke or Downes. Both looked good when
    on loan to us.
    Lots of trust around for MM, but there's a lot to do to make us challengers
    next season.

2. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Yep no surprises there. Lets hoope we get in some decent players. Wonder if Stanley, Anyinsah and Zebroski will still be around come the start of the season?

3. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

**** em off I say. Sad to see BA go, he got it wrong a lot but always gave it 100%. I had hoped Poke would be a target, rate him quite highly.

Bring back Steve Elliott, he's ****ing brilliant:D

4. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

ps, made this thread a sticky, it's as good a place as any to discuss transfers etc <ok>

5. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks YOBG.
    'Wonder if Stanley, Anyinsah and Zebroski will still be around come the start of the season?'
    The thing with them is that they are still under contract. Someone will need to want them!!!!

6. Chris-Gashead

Unless we pay them off early just to get rid?

7. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I thought that Anyinsah's name was being circulated to other clubs? And yes, it would be good to see Stanley and Zeb offloaded to free up funds to bring better players in.

Hats off to Byron - a loyal servant who was very good on his day, but kept making too many defensive howlers! Hope he finds a club soon....

I think we'll only bring in another 2 or 3 in addition to Connor Gough, but who will they be....?

8. Chris-Gashead

well we have let go quite a few "first squad players" so we need to replace them all IMO.

I would like Virgo gone too, just another Danny Coles, except worse <yikes>

I personally dont expect Muzzy to be around come August either so lets look for a replacement now!!

9. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

was ba any good, there has been a rumour we were snffing around him and carayol, we may have moved elsewhere, down the loan route with man u, man c and everton.

10. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Fruitcake <yikes>

11. Chris-Gashead

<laugh> bless his cottons

12. Chris-Gashead

Ok so apart from Constable, we are apparently also chasing Ross Draper from Macclesfield whom is out of contract. Anyone know much about this chap? Heard he is good enough for league one let alone league two so the sort of player we should be looking at IMO. He is a free transfer as well so who knows...

13. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I know almost nothing about him apart from he was the bloke that scored that 'Beckhamesque' goal against Hereford from the half way line a couple of years ago.

At 6ft 5 he's a big lad for a midifielder, but if MM thinks he's good enough for the Gas, I believe MM. Anyway, midfield is an area we need to strengthen so I'd be happy to have young Ross on board the good ship Gas for next season <ok>

14. Chris-Gashead

I dont know much about him either BB, but trusting MM is starting to get awkward for me... doesnt sign up Poke, who is better than Bevan, doesnt sign up Downes, when we only have Virgo as a full time CB and wants to sign a striker that IMO is no better than Harrold. Probably I am wrong and all three will be great choices, but at the moment I can't help but feel MM has got it wrong.

15. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I'm still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt Chris, simply because of his experience and he knows better than us what is going on behind the scenes.

Poke was a strange decision, granted, but I think he's right to try and tie up deals for Bolger and Parkes and not go for Downes. Wally was great when he was on form but a bit inconsistent - he was shocking against Daggers in the last game of the season. If we retain Muzzy, I think that we will be playing a lot of attacking football down the flanks next season, with early crosses coming into the opposition box. With two big, aggressive strikers like Harrold and Constable steaming in I think that we could be a pretty effective attacking force. The way we played against Accrington in the last home game of the season was a definite glimpse of this. <ok>

In MM I trust (for now, remember this time last year? Once bitten, twice shy!)

16. Chris-Gashead

True BB, but I think we wouldn't be trying to buy Constable if we were planning on keeping Muzzy. I might be wrong, but dont think the board will give money without first receiving some dosh

17. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Been away for a while. Has anything happened on the IN/OUT front?

18. Chris-Gashead

Nope, not even news on the loan players we want back as of yet.

19. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

There is a bit of speculation on the Ted board that we could be signing David Clarkson imminently - anyone heard anything about this?

City released him in May after signing him from Motherwell for £800k 3 years ago. He's got two international caps for Jockland. I think that he could be a great signing and is probably too good for L2 - but that's a good thing for us. If we sign Clarkson and Constable, who would make way? Harrold? Muzzy? No-one?

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Transfer Rumour Site..

04 Jun 2012 21:21:41
    Watford set to sign tricky winger Mustapha Carayol from Bristol Rovers for £600k. Gavin Massey and Adam Thompson to movenine other direction on season long loans. Deal to be completed on Wednesday.

Other news, ex Bristol city and Motherwell striker david Clarkson set to join Bristol Rovers, as is central midfielder Kari Arison, previously at Plymouth and Aberdeen.