1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Remaining Signings

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Simon21-LUFC, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

So, now that we've had a look at the squad we have, attention is turning even more towards who we could get in to finish it off. Taking an educated stab I'm going to say Stockdale, Lichaj, Clingan and Eremenko are going to come in, which (assuming no major outgoings) would IMO leave us with a good, balanced, promotion worthy squad. So, who do we think is going to come in before the start of the season, and where do you think it will leave us?

2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

i agree on stockdale and lichaj, i think we could potentially do better than clingan but i think hes better than kilkenny, eremenko i know nothing about so im not going to comment, i think personally we should not be ruling out alan smith and maybe even look at getting bannan back on loan although that seems quite unlikely because i expect him to be pushing to get into the AV team

tbh i wouldnt mind seeing a striker come in as somma is out for 6 months, becchio could miss the start of the season and paynter is shockingly bad but that would probably be last priority

3. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Eremenko joining Cardiff I think that we will sign LICHAJ STOCKDALE and Michael Johnson on loan so total outlay zero Town have spent £1.5m already

4. Simon21-LUFC

Cardiff are interested in Eremenko, however Eremenko is coming on trial with us and apparently both parties are interested. I don't care how much Huddersfield have spent and honestly if we can improve our squad considerably without spending any money that's brilliant. I honestly think some people on here would like us to spend money on players worse than ones we can get for free.

5. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

Eremenko missed the flight to Glasgow yesterday, hence he did not join the squad for the game against Motherwell. Whether this will mean he gets another chance is up to Grayson, but I would suggest Bates will not have been impressed and will inform Grayson of HIS decision.

6. Simon21-LUFC

Eremenko didn't miss his flight, his flight was cancelled. I suspect he may be involved in the Rochdale game.

7. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Clingan would be a good signing I think, Lichaj and Stockdale would be brilliant. Michael Johnson would be available as City don't need him, so he'd be worth a season long loan with a look to a permanent move.

8. Josh-LUFC

johnson would cost a bit if we were to get a perminant move though but wouldnt be a bad signing, i just dont want us to keep signing loan deals for a season

9. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

1 x GK
    1 x LB
    1 x CM
    1 X ST

1 x Free
    1 x Cash
    2 x Loan

BY Friday please....

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Clingan, Lichaj and Stockdale are the three I would expect to see sign. Clingan on a contract the other two on loan deals.

11. Josh-LUFC

im not overly keen on clingan tbh i think we should be looking elsewhere

12. Simon21-LUFC

Where? All the indications are that Clingan is a top player. We shouldn't be put off by the fact he plays for Coventry.

13. Josh-LUFC

yea i agree but i would prefer to see tamir cohen at the club or even alan smith, also isnt nigel reo-coker available as well? although unlikey all im saying is theres plenty of options out there, i just dont think clingan will win a club promotion

14. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

You seem to be a pretty sensible guy, Josh, and you seem to disagree with a lot of what Grayson does.

So why do you bang on about me being critical of him, and even join an Anti-Clivetime group?

15. Simon21-LUFC

What exactly is he disagreeing with. He's simply saying he thinks there may be better opions than Clingan, it doesn't add up to the mindless criticism you engage in however. You can think someone's a good manager without agreeing with every single decision.

16. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

You have to base your opinion that someone is a good manager on something.

17. Simon21-LUFC

How about the fact we've improved year upon year with a very tight budget?

18. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

We haven't, though.

19. Josh-LUFC

well yes we have clive, we have moved from league 1 to 7th in championship, i see that as an improvement