1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Relegation fodder v Play-off hopeful

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Apr 2, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

We are ready for the slaughter, but maybe the lads can actually be up for this one!

No idea of Wall numbers coming down but considering their league position they should fill the BMS - there will be a lot to play for in this game, we could either put a minor dent in the Wall's play-offs hopes or they could virtually consign us to relegation. Because any hammering here will smash any confidence that is left.

I expect it to be an electric atmosphere, let's just hope everyone does it remaining in the stands and not spoil the day on the pitch.

Suppose a draw would be a good result for us, but we desperately need those 3 points only at 5pm next Saturday will we know if we stood up like men for the fight.

Thoughts please...

grumpygit likes this.
  2. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

I read on another forum there will be 2,500 in the Wall at Town End. Should this have been an early kick off or not?

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I'd be interested to know if their ticket price is £10. For our game at Charlton, the ticket price is £3 more than other Charrlton games ---- the policy being that Charlton increase the ticket prices for 'popular' games.
    Considering how Scally is shafting any Gills fans wishing to sit in the BMS next season, ( doubling the price to £20 ), I'd be surprised if he hasn't thought to help himself to an extra £ 7500 from the Millwall fans ---- but, then I suppose he's charging 'mates rates.'

4. brb

brb CR250

I guess I would have expected it to be around that figure at least, especially considering their league position. Although I am surprised it is not a midday kick-off, it's pretty obvious with a 3 o'clock kick-off everyone is going to get tanked up and then it will kick off in another way. But 3pm suits me so no gripes my end.

5. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

2500 in the Town End is fine, thanks for the business.

What should be of concern is the number (as yet undefined) who will have managed to get tickets elsewhere in the ground, and even more importantly what is done about them should they make their presence known in an unwelcome manner.

I'm not saying all 'wall should be barred from other stands, it's quite reasonable that 'wall fans have friends who are Gills fans who have got them tickets, it's more important that they are not disruptive.

6. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Always, please keep up! the Town End is back up too £20 for the remainder of the season.

"But 3pm suits me so no gripes my end." it must be April the 1st again, brb without any gripes, "now that's a first"

brb likes this.
  7. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

grumpygit - please accept my profound apologies - I hadn't realised that Scally had already started to rip the a*se out of the fans -- but -- I am still surprised that he hasn't increased the £20 for tickets in the BMS to £23 ----- because that's the increase Gills fans face at Charlton. I appreciate that many clubs raise prices according to the 'grade' of fixture - but what's stopping Scally from doing the same ? Does he just want to fleece Gills fans - and not old 'friends.'