1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Refs' Revenge: The Karl Robinson Conspiracy Files

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by lardiman, Aug 13, 2017.

1. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

"I don’t care if I get done by the FA..."

"...the tackle on Saturday wasn’t a sending off and that tonight was disgusting. The assistant referee gave it, he was stood next to me. How’s that a red card? But it’s Charlton and they see we’re on the right way up and they don’t like it."

Defiant words from Charlton Athletic manager Karl Robinson after the sending off of a second Charlton player in two games. Some cynics scoffed at his claim of a conspiracy against the Addicks, but well respected voice of the fans Michael Tucker rallied behind his leader, claiming "it almost feels like a vendetta".

Following Charlton's inexplicable defeat away at Plymouth yesterday (when we were clearly the superior team in every respect) this humble reporter is beginning to wonder whether there may indeed be a shadowy conspiracy among the officials who run lower league football; a dark and convoluted plot to prevent Charlton Athletic from claiming their obvious right to a promotion place this season, and a glorious return to the Championship.

After all it beggars belief that our first team might not be as good as Karl Robinson says they are. And once that notion is dismissed, the only possible explanation is a deliberate attempt by forces unknown to keep the Addicks down in the lower leagues.

So for as long as these shadowy forces will allow it, I'll be documenting incidents during the season here in this thread, happenings which defy logical explanation and can only be attributed to "they" (as Robinson has enigmatically described them), the powerful and hidden puppet masters behind the intentional derailing of Charlton's 2017-18 season.

And if you come to check on this thread one day and find it mysteriously deleted, you will be able to draw your own conclusions.

THE EVIDENCE:

#1 Saturday 5th August
    Lee Novak receives a straight red card after only 6 minutes for what KR described as a "good old-fashoned tackle". Even Bristol Rovers players are apparently stunned by the decision, and form a guard of honour for Novak as he leaves the pitch.

#2 Tuesday 8th August
    Andrew Crofts receives a straight red card for "showing a bit of passion" during Charlton's 1-2 away victory at Exeter City in the Carabao Cup first round. Once again the Addicks are reduced to 10 men in an incident described by their gaffer as "disgusting".

#3 Sunday 13th August
    Ex-Charlton legend Jonjo Shelvey is given a straight red card for accidentally catching the ankle of Dele Alli in the Newcastle United V Tottenham Hotspur fixture, live on Sky in front of millions of viewers. A clear message to the Charlton manager and his team - nobody is untouchable.

Rest assured fellow Charlton fans;
    More examples will be posted here as they happen. Whatever devious, underhanded methods they employ to sabotage our promotion season, the enemies of CAFC within the corridors of Football Power won't be allowed to escape exposure.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Funny, the refs were all against him at Milton Keynes too. Be afraid, be very afraid, and don't forget to check under the bed at night.

DickPlumb likes this.
  3. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I'm expecting a horse's head any time now, but it won't be quite as scary if they leave it under the bed. Might pong a bit after a few days...

4. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

What a brainless buffoon Robinson is.

You can just picture the scene at the FL Referees meeting, pre-season...

"Lets have a vendetta against the team that finished 13th in League One last season".

<doh>

ForestHillBilly and lardiman like this.
  5. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

or they said.... let's try to stop that team who are trying to buy L1 this season.... now who's that?.... (a little Welsh voice in the background) .. "Charlton Athletic".. he says..

So there you go... the refs are against us because we are trying to buy our way out of League 1.... :(

6. User deleted as requested

What Robinson forgot was that the two refs actually did Charlton a favour by showing reds to Novak and Crofts - it means they are now banned from playing for us.

7. lardiman

Forum Moderator

It could have something to do with our manager's overwhelming charisma, and the revolutionary way the Club is being run
    We'd have trouble trying to buy our way out of a Pound shop, the purse strings are so tight! :emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash:

8. User deleted as requested

Not according to Into The Buffet ...Kim-Jong May reckons he had a "ten minute chat with Katrien about Will Grigg" <laugh>

Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen must be a worried man - he has played over 500 professional games, but now finds his job at risk from a man who's peak of physical exertion is running to the Off Licence.

9. lardiman

Forum Moderator

This is actually true - though I can't figure out why we lost the first game played without either of them in the starting XI.
    Could it be that Novak and Crofts are not the only weak links in our squad this season?

(Actually I'll confess that I've never minded Crofts. He does some good work on the quiet. Novak however, I can't see the point of him.)

10. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Surely your mind was put at rest by KR's prediction that Novak would come good? As he explained Novak has only played poorly through bad luck and injuries. Certainly made me a much happier bunny when I read that.:)

lardiman likes this.

11. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

He has lurking on here and responded on ITTV, calling you a slap head <laugh>. Isn't he follicly challenged? Certainly mentally challenged.