1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Refs, decisions and ManU?

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, Dec 30, 2012.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Last season in the same fixture against Manu it was fresh in everyone's minds that we had been unlucky to lose to Chelsea, and two offside goals had cost us the points. After the Cheslea game we also saw Ivanovic having a sly punch in Maloney's kidneys, for whcih he was rightly banned. People will remember also that we had a perfectly good goal against Manu chalked off in the first half, and I for one got the feeling in the second half that the officials were bending over backwards not to be seen to be favouring them. It worked in our favour when they didn't give a penalty for Figueroa's handball, I suspct because they couldn't be "sure" - in a normal week I'm SURE that they would have awarded that one against us.

We go into this game on the back of three games in each of which we should absolutely have had a penalty. We had not one but two handballs against Arsenal, both of which the ref must have seen, and both of which he must have decided were ball to hand - and which surely afterwards he must have realised were penalties. We had Maloney being upended against Everton - and if Walcott's was a pen against Arsenal, then Maloney's HAD to be a pen too. And then yesterday we had two - the handball whcih we can forgive the ref for not seeing - and we scored from the resulting corner - and the Maloney being hacked right in front of the ref for one of the most blatant penalties you'll ever see - and he waves it away.

I think that refs review their performances pretty thoroughly. I'm surprised that Friend didn't give us the Maloney one yesterday, because it has to be in his mind that we've had good claims waved away in the previous games, and that one would seem to be a pretty easy decision to make.

So - what's the betting that we get a pen against the Mancs?

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Hmm I don't think we'll get a Penalty against Man U , they'll probably get one though, and if they are losing or drawing they'll get about 5 minutes of injury time <laugh>, I hope we actually get decisions going our way for once though or is it too much to ask :)

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Sorry HP but i've got to go with BCFC about the pen everybody knows the refs always side with fergie and is team of cheeters

4. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Latest odds for the latics to beat man u 2 nill are 300/1 on a 1 pound bett got to have some of that