1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Record breaker ..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Jan 14, 2017.

1. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

State of this. It has nothing to do with God or who has more 'right' to an opinion for god's sake.

It's about wanting to make a balanced judgment, and based on the facts 4 or 5 weeks ago, there was nowhere near enough to sack LJ. Based on what's happened since, there is much more of an argument to be had. It's entirely that.

Supcon72 likes this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I don't think LJ is going anywhere, he has had an extension to his contract, signed 3 new players at a big spend, still involved with major player contract decisions (Freeman) with SL advice if reports are correct, 1 league game involvement with said players only and also involved with 1/2 more new players joining and also in charge of all loanee players in or out decisions.

I may be wrong but I think SL will give him time to gel new players existing and incomers, I have voted for LJ to stay with all of these factors involved, obviously I may be wrong but I am still pro LJ, I have not changed my mind.

manxrobin likes this.
  3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0148-yes: yes bow now ! :emoticon-0143-smirk

BCFCRob likes this.
  4. johngalleyfan2

my jury is still out based mostly on what you have said mind you ....

5. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

6 days ago when most staunchly defended the manager and slated anyone who had a differing opinion, to now, what's changed? Other than ONE GAME that's been identical the previous 7 or 8

Show me the post from 6 days ago when I staunchly defended the manager!

I have been critical of Johnson on for a while now. like I said,, Where have you been all this time?

6. banksyisourhero

You're just a pointless poster.. no amount of charts and data will explain that!

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 said:
    :emoticon-0148-yes: yes bow now ! :emoticon-0143-smirk in reply to ibodyslamrhinos intimation that banksy is a self proclaimed god ..( not the first to point this out mind you)

Banksy said
    You're just a pointless poster.. no amount of charts and data will explain that!
    pray tell me ..no pun intended! ... what point does charts and data have to do with "yes bow now or god" I find your comment quite pointless if there is not a link ...

ibodyslamrhinos likes this.
  8. banksyisourhero

More complete pointless bollocks..

And I'm not the first to point this out am I??

While I am at it.. stop spamming the board with endless paragraphs of pointless OCD data and bollocks.. no one reads it!

9. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I dont like to see anyone lose their job, but I cant ever remember anyone having a run like this and surviving. When you bear in mind our last 2 home games we have been 2-1 up with 8 minutes to go, a return of 0 points shows a worrying trend that cant continue

Red Robin likes this.
  10. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

And for that Wiz I totally respect you. That's your opinion and you are sticking to it and not flip flopping after 1 game.

So I can't be balanced 5 weeks ago but you can 5 weeks on BCFCRob? But you can have a complete total change of heart after 90 minutes of football from defending the manager to the hilt to think he should get his coat? Beyond bonkers!

11. banksyisourhero

I cant remember anyone calling you fickle??

You stated your opinion clearly and I for one had some sympathy for it... However some of the posters on here are blinded by hatred for the person who is the manager and some others are always the first to criticise the manger after just a few losses on the trot, we all know who they are!

This was post by cidered on OTIB earlier..

"Without consulting the reference books, this is the worst run for City since I started watching in April 1950. Seven points out of the last forty five with so many games lost in the last ten minutes, confirms to me that Johnson does not have a clue on how to turn it around"

Enough is enough and posters like BCFC Rob are entitled to have had enough after giving as much support as they feel they can for as long as they can. Everyone gets to a point where they have had enough.

BCFCRob likes this.
  12. BCFCRob

Stop talking bollocks mate, I didn't say any of that, you're putting words in my mouth. I'm not saying you can't be balanced 5 weeks ago, I'm just saying that 5 weeks ago, you judged that you had enough evidence to want to sack, and we judged that we didn't. What is the problem with that?

13. ibodyslamrhinos

The problem is the distain many showed towards their fellow supporters for having that difference of opinion. My argument is, one game ONE GAME after some of the vitriolic crap being spouted by the 'stick with' camp about how some of us aren't real supporters, they have completely reversed their opinion on the manager.

Rightly or wrongly on the fickleness of some people on this board, what makes the people changing their stance after 90 minutes any better than the people they so easily tar as lesser fans?

You can't be so forthright in your stance for pro LJ then a single game of football later think he needs to go. Surely there has to be grades in people's opinion.

At least some of us went from "well this is good, looks like we have a half decent guy here" to "hmmmm rough patch, hopefully he can get things going again" to "come on, what's going on, sort it out" to "this is getting silly, quick changes need to happen" to "nope this isn't working" to "its untenenable now, one more game or two at most to show he can cope at this level" to "no this just isn't working, new manager please".

Some have gone "you are an ass for wanting this guy to go he's got a young squad and will come good with this group, he's building, have some patience, no success is instant an overnight, piss off with your negativity" to one game later "ok he's clearly not the man I thought he was last week, sack him". Which is the more fickle to you out of those two changes of opinions?

14. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

A balanced post.

15. BCFCRob

Your post is only applicable if you can find instances of people staunchly defending LJ after the previous game who now want him to go. I've seen none of that. I think you're imagining it.

I have heavily defended him a few weeks ago, but I'm well within my right to reasonably want him to leave now. That's not weird, or wrong, or unbalanced.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  16. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I guess the difference may be that we started well then fell away, so based on that, sacking LJ 2-3 weeks ago could be considered a bit knee jerk, now we are further on and no sign of returning to the form of early season it is time to re-assess.
    I feared when LJ got the job that one bad run would have all the knockers on his back, to me 5 games wasn't enough, now it's 8 games and counting, it probably is!

17. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

What and you had a manager all lined up to move us forward did you?

18. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Spot on Banksy, some have been waiting to pull the trigger ever since LJ was appointed..............of course we have all the big named managers lined up, don't we!!

19. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I have read that several times and it is not a defence of Mr Johnson's Managerial acumen.

His lengthy contract could be viewed as providing more opportunity to back more poor decisions, if you view Mr Johnson's decisions so far as being flawed.

Nobody yet has provided a staunch defence of Mr Johnson.

20. ibodyslamrhinos

Yeah and I wasn't one of them, as I like LJ and he had my support until it became clear he wasn't cut out to manage at this level. So perhaps you should stop putting everyone who disagrees with you as an LJ hater. It's old and tired that excuse now.

If you wanna be a happy clapper and watch us be relegated you are wasting your money on paying to watch football. You can watch Sunday league for free. I support my team but I get to decide when I don't think I'm getting value for money, and losing this many games in a row doesn't represent value for anything. Time, money or support, so I want to see a change!

If you had a favourite restaurant that served up s**t the last 10 times you went, would you want to keep going? Anyone who says they would is quite frankly backwards. It's entertainment and if it's your only outlet for life then you are pissing it away watch LJ football.

Thank god you aren't in charge as we would be in non league with SOD still.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017