1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Record breaker ..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Lee Johnson's tenure has seen record spending on players and today records being set for consecutive defeats.

I have seen posts on this forum where people have described themselves as fans/ supporters of Lee Johnson. I am finding Mr Johnson's, tactics, substitutions, and team selections hard to understand, couple this with the spending and results ... Can anybody provide a lucid defence of Mr Johnson?

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Nope not really.

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

No.

He's had his chance and it hasn't worked out. The vanity/stubbornness of the owner may be the blocker though.

4. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

The bench today cost millions. Most expensive (?) subs in BCFC history. Mr Johnson does not have the excuse of lack of options, or wanting new in faces to "freshen up the group".

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

His fault if we get relegated something I have sent directly to him.

6. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Last straw for me was Hegeler put in at centre back when we were crying out for him to sit in the middle of the park and dictate the play. Our midfield was out muscled and dropped so deep I thought I saw one of them on Winterstoke road on the way home. Same old boring negative style with a predictable end result. Enough is enough!

Red Robin likes this.
  7. Red Robin

Mags should have been put back in and move Heggs into the middle,us bloody fans can see it.
    Looks quality should be moved into the middle.

Red Hub likes this.
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Today was all wrong in my eyes.
    When we took the lead it should of been right now let's defend this for once. So no subs in sight.
    One all still nothing
    2-1 bring a sub on you've got one midfielder who can steady the already tracking back midfield let's play it sideways. And to top it off we've a defender who has been playing well this season, still sat on his arse because he's not been told to warm up.
    2-2 arghhh let's bring on Wilbs for a player already doing the same and looks a lot better than Wilbs this season anyway in my book.
    It seems it's obligatory to give him 10 minutes all the ****ing time. Yes I don't really rate Wilbs, never been his greatest fan even in league one.
    2-3 bring on .Tomlin and Patterson for Brownhill? And O'Dowda and guess what let's sit back and nit attack anymore.

I've fallen off the fence now, let's get it sorted quickly. I never seen what Dean Holden has brought apart from pushing Pemberton further in the background.

Red Robin likes this.
  9. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Since Holden arrived we have nose dived.
    I don't know to what degree he is culpable, but questions need now to be asked concerning all the first team management

10. RedorDead

It's been since he walked in the door, he can **** off of out of the club as well.

11. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Was Engvall on the bench today? Nobody has mentioned him.

12. RedorDead

It's a year ago today Cotterill was sacked

13. Red Robin

Spot on my friend,he is clueless surprised the announcement has not been made tonight already.

14. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Johnson was a rabbit in the headlights tonight after the equaliser and we all knew who would score next!

its not happening, time to get on lee.

Red Robin likes this.
  15. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

So hang on a minute? Why is it that the ones on this forum who said time was time 4 or 5 weeks ago have been lambasted whether they have like LJ or not. Even as recent as last week, some were calling us disgraces. Yet one week on, a load of you are coming out the wood work saying it's time for him to move on?

Why is it when some of you see fit to say it's time to go it's the right time, but for the ones who got to where you are now weeks ago are fickle?

Absolute joke some of you.

Red Robin likes this.
  16. Red Robin

Spot on we could see it weeks ago I'm glad the rest see the light.
    However some probably wanted to give him more time.

Sad for LJ but it is best for all concerned.
    SL has too make the call.

17. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I THINK it is time for Lee to blame the rugby, and the pitch and the ref for not giving us a penalty and the groundsman because the pitch was to soft the tea lady because the half time brew didn't have enough energy supplement the crowd for not getting behind the team and also the cost of parking his car in lidl's when he overstays by 10 mins .. also someone messing with his watch because the subs were late, JP for not telling him he was a sh*** manager and ought to go on holiday ......
    ALSO yes...DH " SOMEONE SAID NOSE DIVED" W R O N G ... maximum full throttle all engines full thrust vertical freedive from 50,000ft

18. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Coming out of the woodwork? You haven't been on here for months except to call the manager out and you use the word time twice in one sentence! perhaps some of us were prepared to give a little time and for some of us that time has now ran out! if you set an egg timer would you get your egg out of the pan half way through and then complain you didn't get the right result?

Changing your opinion from 'weeks ago' is irrelevant.

As For Red Robin, most fickle city fan on here and most would agree, he comes across as happy to now be in the majority calling for a managers head again at our club (again).. It doesn't make us look clever as a club you know!

oneforthebristolcity and BCFCRob like this.
  19. Red Robin

This sits at SLs feet.
    Apparently the list of managers presented was impressive,that got ignored,SL Went for the inexperienced LJ which has sadly backfired.
    SL hired him,he is the one that has to deal with it.

20. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

So now YOU are God and you decide when enough is enough for this manager and the ones who got to where you got to now weeks ago should bow and worship you?

I'm asking, from 6 days ago when most staunchly defended the manager and slated anyone who had a differing opinion, to now, what's changed? Other than ONE GAME that's been identical the previous 7 or 8!

You can call as many people "fickle" as you like, but the above is as good as example as any of a temperamental stance. Get over yourselves and move out of your glass houses.