1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rebranding

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Goodbyen0t606, May 8, 2012.

1. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

2. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

i hope it doesnt happen, at the moment its purely rumour and its unfair to judge the chairman etc until we are sure of the facts.

of course, that wont stop people spouting garbage for some point scoring <whistle>

maybe this

has been taken too literally and twisted to form this rumour?

3. TaffyTuck (LLF)

Well the rumour was in full flow before that statement was released. Some supporters club figureheads have arranged a meeting with club officials this evening (if that is to be belleved) and more details will follow without doubt. The club have denied that the nickname will change to the Red Dragons but that is all that they have said at the moment. Rumours also say that as part of the rebranding, Malky will be given the funds to invest significantly in players during the closed season.

Maybe, just maybe, they can create enough excitement/interest in the Cardiff City Brand that we can sway the bigger CCC players from joining the likes of Blackburn, Wolves, Brum, Leicester, Bolton (or Villa). I have given some time to this with my thoughts this afternoon and I am not against the rebranding - in principal.

Let's see what transpires.

4. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

I'm with Swamp. As far as I'm concerned, until an official announcement is made from the club, the anonymous (clue 1) rumour posted on CCMB (clue 2) will remain just that, a rumour and I'll reserve comment.

The Blues moving back to the Arms Park has been on the cards for a long time. I suspect for their own survival if nothing else.

5. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Red birds dont have the same ring to it...<doh>

7. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

The blues going back to the Arms Park is not a bad thing imo... I've never been to a game but I cant imagine the atmosphere with crowds of 7/8000 being that great in a 26000 stadium. Similar to 20000 watching Wales at the Millennium.

<laugh> it's f'kin awful tbh

8. Domdimdom

Domdimdom Member

The atmosphere for the Blues was dire, had to happen and seems they have got out of the contract lightly. I always find that people, particularly older bods do not embrace change. The government can hardly get anything through and it must be very frustrating. For me I`m all for it, don`t like the dragon lark though, but I welcome change.

9. iggypop

iggypop Member

I think you'll find that it is not just 'older bods' objecting to some of this government's ideas.

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

just because the owners say that they are superstitious of blue and want to change to red is the most pathetic idea ever....they cant do that ffs, they cant change the clubs identity just on a superstition. ..can they???

11. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

The red kit idea looks to be true.

Not sure about the superstitious bit Dai.

12. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

if rumours are to be believed...yes they can.

13. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

**** that i'd dress up like a woman if someone offered me £100 mill.
    My preversions aside, welcome to the brave new world of Financial fair play, you only have to look at Newcastle and Leicester to see a trend developing, we wont be the first or the last to do things like this.
    At the end of the day its progress I guess, we were never always called Cardiff City or exclusivly played in Blue.
    Will feel a little bit sad to have to chant 'Redbirds' when we score tho....

14. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Would prefer us to play in blue, but we seem to play in a variety of colours away from home even when there is no clash. Seems to be the way of the world.

I wonder what shade of red it will be....................

15. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

well if the bird goes and they bring in a dragon...problem solved :D

16. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

by the way, any wums about rebranding will be put into the banter thread <ok> cheers

17. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

I'd be furious if this was us. £100m is a lot of money but a cub's history and identity are priceless. Yet another case of foreign owners not understanding the culture. <doh>

18. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

didn't Don Reeve change your colours back in the 60's?<doh>

19. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Big difference though. At that time we'd only had our current kit for about 25 years, and were essentially a nothing yo-yo club during that time. Revie merely changed the home kit (keeping the other club colours and identity). If our colours and branding were changed now, with 50 years of proud history behind us there would be outrage.

20. exiledswan

exiledswan Active Member

since when have football teams become ´brands´- have I missed something?
    being a jack i dont have alot of time for CCFC but i do have time for genuine footie fans who suffer at the hands of the money men taking over the beautiful game. lets face it, the greedy one eyed monster in football is killing the game and making it less accessible and relevant to its core support. i dont know much about your investors, maybe they have good intentions but who the f**k are they to wipeout 100 years of tradition - I know youre stuffed financially but you should resist it while you still can.