1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

really crap pitch invasion

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprted, Apr 30, 2017.

1. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

ive supported qpr for 58 seasons so nearly 6 decades and that was the worst,when you consider how important that win was,where was the euthoria where was the emotion,

even brentford would have invaded with greater numbers

if we are trully going to get back in the prem we need proper support,only the magic corner was generating noise

once more the prawn sandwhich brigade have let us down

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Euthoria? Maybe euthansia would have been more appropriate after the rubbish we've been served up lately...

GoldhawkRoad and rangercol like this.
  3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Pitch invasions??????
    I was embarrassed by grown men running onto the pitch.
    I was also embarrassed by the fans that goaded the Forest fans.
    Although I did see one nice moment where a father took a picture of his son in the goal.

4. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

For me, you invade the pitch to celebrate a good win or a close shave with relegation avoided. If I remember correctly, I stormed the pitch when we beat Palace 6-0 on the last day of the season to stay up in the late 90's, and again when we beat Oldham in the playoff semi-final (????). It is at moments of euphoria and celebration. Beating Forest on the second last game of the season to confirm that we are safe, is a disappointing end to the season, and should be greeted with a pleasant clap for the players, and then strolling out the ground. If the pitch is stormed at the end of every season it becomes a bit naff and cliché imo.

5. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

I thought TED was referring to this (which was a pretty good one):-

please log in to view this image

Leyton Orient's match with Colchester United was postponed for nearly two hours after fans occupied the pitch.

Colchester eventually won the match 3-1 after home fans protesting against Orient owner Francesco Becchetti got onto the pitch in the 85th minute.

Following the lengthy postponement, players returned and played the final eight minutes behind closed doors.

A Football League statement said the game was concluded "to maintain the integrity of the competition".

It read: "The decision to play the match to a conclusion was agreed with both managers and with the support of the match officials.

"The police and stadium security staff were happy for the match to restart and this took place at approximately 6.40pm.

"Despite requests for the fans to clear the pitch, there wasn't sufficient movement to allow the game to restart following a pitch invasion.

"A decision was taken with the police to announce that the game had been abandoned, as it was felt this would help clear the pitch, which proved correct.

"However, it was deemed appropriate that the game needed to be played to a conclusion in order to maintain the integrity of the competition and in respect of Colchester United's position of being able to qualify for the League Two play-offs."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39676226

6. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Run on the pitch, or get to the pub? Hmmm.

Belfasthoop, NorwayRanger and ELLERS like this.
  7. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

What was there to celebrate running on the pitch nothing! We won the match & stayed up, didn't wait for players to come out & do lap, was many fans left does anyone know!

8. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

I though that was embarrising, it's not as though you did the great escape, last time I went on a football pitch was at rangers beating palace 6-0 if my memories serves me right Chris surname starting with a K scored a hatrick

9. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Chris Kiwomya. I tend not to run on the pitch. It'd be just my luck to be the only person arrested and get my photo in the paper. But if I did, I would not have run on yesterday to celebrate a season of mediocrity.

10. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

I think TEd is just trying to upset the groundsman, I think the pitch is not too bad myself!

11. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

YES I LED THE PALACE 6-0 INVASION,ONCE MORE THE NORTHOLT STORMTROOPERS DID THERE JOB BUT NOW AS A 62 YEAR OLD IM TOO OLD ME OLD LEGS HAVE GONE,AND IM TOO FAT
    NOW DAYS I COULD NOT FIGHT JUDE THE CAT

BUT PITCH INVASIONS GO RIGHT BACK TO 69 WE AT QPR INSTIGATED IT
    BUT NOW OUR HOOLIES HAVE DROPPED IN NUMBERS FROM 500 TO 80 AND THE ETHOS OF HOOLIES IS DYING

12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Slightly ironic a Fulham fan talking about embarrassing fans.<whistle>

13. fulham traveller

And you don't agree that a half hearted pitch invasion to celebrate a disastrous season is embarrising? How are Ffc fans embarrising ? We don't even go onto the pitch when we got promoted, we are to posh for that

UTRs likes this.
  14. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

...and how many stewards have been injured by falling top hats thrown in the air...?

kiwiqpr, rangercol, UTRs and 2 others like this.
  15. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

That's 'cause most foolham fans are too feckin stupid to find the pitch with the aid of a sat-nav pmsl.

16. fulham traveller

Don't give up your day job will you lol

17. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

The 1923 FA Cup Final was an association football match between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United on 28 April 1923 at the original Wembley Stadium in London. The showpiece match of English football's primary cup competition, the Football Association Challenge Cup (better known as the FA Cup), it was the first football match to be played at Wembley Stadium. King George V was in attendance to present the trophy to the winning team.

Each team had progressed through five rounds to reach the final. Bolton Wanderers won 1–0 in every round from the third onwards, and David Jack scored the lone goal each time. West Ham United faced opposition from the Second Division or lower in each round, the first time this had occurred since the introduction of multiple divisions in the Football League. West Ham took three attempts to defeat Southampton in the fourth round but then easily defeated Derby County in the semi-final, scoring five goals.

The final was preceded by chaotic scenes as vast crowds surged into the stadium, far exceeding its official capacity of approximately 125,000. A crowd estimated at up to 300,000 gained entrance and the terraces overflowed, with the result that spectators found their way into the area around the pitch and even onto the playing area itself. Mounted policemen, including one on a light-coloured horse which became the defining image of the day, had to be brought in to clear the crowds from the pitch and allow the match to take place. The match began 45 minutes late as crowds stood around the perimeter of the pitch. Although West Ham started strongly, Bolton proved the dominant team for most of the match and won 2–0. David Jack scored a goal two minutes after the start of the match and Jack Smith added a controversial second goal during the second half. The pre-match events prompted discussion in the House of Commons and led to the introduction of safety measures for future finals. The match is often referred to as the "White Horse Final" and is commemorated by the White Horse Bridge at the new Wembley Stadium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1923_FA_Cup_Final

Perhaps not a pitch invasion, more just severe overcrowding due to the 300k+ spectators at this final. How the hell did this game manage to go ahead is beyond me?

18. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

I think tEd was the back legs of the white horse, who was the front legs Ted?

UTRs likes this.
  19. fulham traveller

Not that's what I call a crowd

UTRs likes this.
  20. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I do agree. But I don't go onto other fans' forums telling them they're an embarrassment.
    However, Fulham fans are embarrassing because they can seldom find their way to away grounds, let alone their own pitch.

qpherts likes this.