1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Real Madrid v Tottenham Match Day Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by HOADIE_BOI, Apr 5, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Please predict below the score and the team
    People please update during the game about the score.
    Enjoy the game and post below.

2. HOADIE_BOI

I go for
    Real Madrid 1-2 Spurs

Squad

Gomes
    Corluka
    Dawson
    Bassong
    Assou-Ekotto
    Van der Vaart
    Sandro
    Modric
    Bale
    Defoe
    Crouch

Subs
    Cudicini
    Huddlestone
    Lennon
    Kranjcar
    Jenas
    Pienaar
    Pavlyuchenko

3. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

14:57 Sent off Peter Crouch dismissed for second bookable offence. ( I think the word ****ed sums it up)

4. Pint of Skotch

This match proves that the UEFA hate England.

5. -toon-fan-pete-

6. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Theyve had more shots than Arsenal against Barca

7. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

WUMS will be deleted so don't bother

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Spurs shot themselves in the foot right at the start, but Real's class dominated them in the end. In all honestly you got ripped apart tonight.

9. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah well pissed off now, May not be a Spurs fan but I feel so sad as many of my family are and after watching all that **** I feel well pissed off.

10. SAMOC

SAMOC New Member

unlucky guys, wanted you tog et past these lot, you never know, still in it sort of

11. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

It was a combination of piss poor refereeing (Real Madrid players committed far worse and deliberate challenges than Crouch with no booking/sending off), allowing Adebayor two free headers and a great third goal

12. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Apparently intelligence challenged wums have failed to read the above post about not bothering as you will be deleted

13. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

What choice did we have

We had been harshly reduced to 10 men after 10 minutes away from home

It didn't help that Lennon was replaced before kickoff by ****ing Jenas who gave away the opener (surely switching Bale and putting Kranjcar on the left would have been better?)

The anti-Spurs brigade have been forecasting our doom in the CL since May last year and have a lot of pent up stupidity to let out.

14. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

How could we have done better with 10 men and the players on the bench? Trying to limit the damage against Mourinho managed Real Madrid away from home is nigh on impossible with 11 men let alone 10. I wouldn't point to Sporting Gijon either as that was partly due to this game.

How often do you see a player sent off for two sliding tackles that early in the game? Never. That means either they were horrific or the ref ****ed up. Take your pick.

Bale did catch them out on the break 2 or 3 times but was hacked down with only one punishment. It didn't affect the result but it did show the difference between Madrid's deliberate fouling and Crouch's clumsy late tackles.

15. HOADIE_BOI

The team has really let down the spurs fans, feel so sorry for you, What a **** night it has been.

16. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Like I said we lost Lennon before kick off which didn't help and then Crouch

Would we have gone 1-0 down if Lennon had started and Jenas would never have been on the pitch to give Adebayor a free header which put us on the back foot to not concede another? Who knows.

Our game plan was out the window very early on and given the circumstances of having our best right sided player out and down to 10 men, what else could we have done?

We saw how ineffective a narrow 4 of VDV, Modric, Jenas and Sandro with Defoe as the outlet was against Wigan.

Arsenal are nowhere near the quality of Madrid. If Man Utd can do any better than Spurs did against Madrid away from home after having their right winger pulling out before kick off to be replaced by a central midfielder and going down to 10 men with their only striker sent off then I'd be impressed.

17. HOADIE_BOI

Crouch was such an idiot, why did he do that.
    Shame Lennon was not there as I think he may have been good for the team tonight.

18. Tiote's Witch Doctor

Tiote's Witch Doctor Well-Known Member

I think it shows that Spurs arent quite up there with the best of them yet, but with some sound investment in the summer I think they could be title challengers next year, and probably give the likes of Madrid and Barca a good go.

19. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Shame really.

20. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

The match really came at the wrong time for spurs.

Had it been next week or the week after, you'd have a (most likely) fully fit bale, and lennon would've played too. With pace only on the left wing tonight, their defenders could all push across to that side without worrying too much about a burst from the other. Ramos, while he was quite far forward most of the time, was much less so than marcelo, and I think Lennon's presence would've changed that.

Their third goal could've easily been avoided if BAE had shown him round the outside. Di Maria must've touched the ball twice with his right foot. He can't use it at all, so inviting him inside onto his left was poor defending.

Even though I'm a Liverpool fan, I'm still really disappointed about the circumstances tonight. I'd have like to have seen Real exposed a bit, because they really aren't that good at the back - Ramos/Princess Anne is a poor defender, as is Marcelo, and Casillas rarely comes under pressure for club or country, but he's suspect when he's tested (Portugal recently).

I hope you go through, but realistically I hope you at least give them a good beating at home. If not, there's always Barcelona to put them in their place.