1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading v Preston

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Tilehurstsouthbank, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Tilehurstsouthbank

Venue: The Madejski Stadium

K.O: 8pm

Form Guide: Reading- WDWWWW

Preston- LDLWWW

Both teams go into this clash with a lot at stake. The Royals have just go themselves into the Playoffs and will want to keep winning to consolidate their position. After a good win over Portsmouth and the best form in the division, Reading will be confident, but take nothing for granted.

Preston under Phil Brown are vastly improving. Three wins on the bounce have them on a high, hoping to avoid relegation to the Abbyss that is League 1, but have they left it too late, or will they pull off the Greatest of Escapes?!

2. theflyingplumber

Yep there can be no argument that PNE have left it late in their fight to avoid relegation, and tonight's result might prove if it is too late or if there is still a chance.
    No argument over Reading's great form either, with promotion now a distinct possibility.
    PNE have as pointed out won their last three games, but there is more to it than that. Since Brown's arrival there has been a steady improvement by the team and with that bit of luck the three wins could have been maybe 5, now that realy would have made a difference.
    Tonight's game is a big ask for PNE no doubt about it, but if they continue their late but very good form an upset is possible.
    PNE need three points but I would take one point right now.

An interesting game to predict, on league positions Reading have it in the bag, but it's a funny old game is football and Reading are due a loss. But will it happen tonight.

:emoticon-0116-evilg

TFP

3. Tilehurstsouthbank

Who know's mate, but one thing we always get with Prestons fans on the old 606 is honest appraisals and good banter!

4. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

good luck in your fight for promotion, pity we couldn't hold on for a draw but after a horrendous season 4 on the trot was maybe a bit too much to ask for. as long as we carry on fighting and supporting we can ask no more :)

5. Tilehurstsouthbank

Fair play to your lads mate. They pobably deseved something from a game that in truth, we only just edged overall I'd say.

Apart from Swansea, you guys were the best team I've seen at the Mad Stad this season. I've got my fingers crossed you stay up!

6. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

"Apart from Swansea, you guys were the best team I've seen at the Mad Stad this season. I've got my fingers crossed you stay up! "

Cheers Tilehurst
    We've got fingers, toes arms ,legs n eyes crossed LOL :)

7. UpTheRoyals

UpTheRoyals New Member

Agree with Tilehurst, very strong at the back, just lacked that cutting edge up top.

Big win for us, although didn't think we played very well.

Manset was quality again and he's gotta be pushing for that starting place

Bring on Forest!

8. Tilehurstsouthbank

Agreed UTR. The Beast was excellnet. Powerfull, quick and held the ball really well. Legs was also quality!