1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading V Portsmouth- Match preview

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Tilehurstsouthbank, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Tilehurstsouthbank

Venue: Madejski Stadium

K.O: 3pm

League Form: Last 6

Reading: DWDWWW

Portsmouth: WWWLDW

This game is massively important to both clubs. The Royals are in with a very good chance of making the Playoffs, being only three points outside the top six, with a game in hand over nearly all the sides around them. With some of the best form in the League behind them and a very good showing in the F.A Cup, Reading should have all the incentive they need to gey a win.

Portsmouth are enjoying somewhat of a Renaissance, with their financial problems reduced, and a team brimming with talent and confidence, they too will be looking to make the Playoffs, although a six point gap to Forest in the last Playoff spot is going to require Promotion form until the season climax. Pompey though, have the talent and the confidence. Roared on by nearly 4000 fans, the atmosphere at The Mad Stad should be a cracker!

2. maltesepomp

maltesepomp Member

You are right my friend . Ur gonna see the most passionate fans in England roaring their team on , all of 4000 of them . I will be roaring all the way from Malta watching the game on the Pompey live tv channel . Good luck to you with your promotion push although a bit difficult . PUP.

3. Tekkersaurus Rex

I cannot wait for tomorrow! Just standing among those 4000 is gonna be awesome. I also have a feeling there may be a bit of a goal fest, something like the 7-4 a coupld of years back! Not entirely sure who to though....

PUP

4. Tilehurstsouthbank

It's going to be a great atmosphere, which probably means the game will be s***e! :)

Can't see it being the Goalfest of our Prem meeting, too much at stake. One goal either way will decide it I reckon.

5. pfcsince70

pfcsince70 Member

I can see it being like the game before the 7-4, i tight 0-0.

6. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Reading 2 - 0 Pompey!

7. RoyalJoe

RoyalJoe New Member

Reading 2-1 Pompey
    Hunt Kitson
    Long

Just edge a win Shane Long last minute winner!!!

8. Tilehurstsouthbank

Joe, come on mate! 'Shaun' Long? Really??

9. POMPEY__Ant

POMPEY__Ant Active Member

nice and ambitious expecting to put 2 past us, that's how many we have leaked in our last 9 games (and one of them was iffy to say the least)
    looking forward to the game tomorrow any way. you will get to see what real support sounds like regardless of the out come!! BLUE ARMY!

10. Tilehurstsouthbank

Good support mate. Ours is average at best at home. That's why I prefer going away.

11. Tilehurstsouthbank

Great result today. I think the sending off was correct, but it was outside the box so should have been a free kick. The difference today was Shane Long. He's just unplayable right now. Brian Howard was quality today as well. At the heart of all our incisive play. No one is gonna want to play us for the rest of the season!

12. POMPEY__Ant

POMPEY__Ant Active Member

i am not normally one for the fergie like moaning but you have to agree that was nothing like an even playing field.
    there where some atrocious decisions especially in the first half even the little things like corners that should have been goal kicks and throws going the wrong way etc added up and frustrated the Pompey players.

i was expecting a really good day out and a good even game of football but unfortunately was taken away by shocking officials, some of the worst stewards i have ever seen and a some prick that thinks throwing coins is acceptable.

on a day with equal decisions we are more than a match for that reading side. a pot shot that should have been dealt with and a pen that should have been a soft free kick being the only difference between the sides.

also are you not embarrassed by the need to pump music out when you score? that's a tidy stadium and should be an epic atmosphere on its own without the cheesy tannoy man and music. qpr do the same i find it cringe-worthy!

13. Tilehurstsouthbank

Most clubs do it now mate. Also, tell me you haven't watched a game this season where incompetant officiating has benefited your side.

A pot shot that should have been dealt with? Isn't that more poor goalkeeping/ defending rather than luck?