1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

reading game

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by blackandamber, Jan 25, 2011.

1. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

just watched the 90 minutes footage on the reading website, back four looked good, so did harper, ashbee only seemed to hit a pass on target if he was passing it 3 metres and we rarely had anyone supporting the front two apart from koren, especially in the second half with 3 cdm's playing with koren. id like to see harper and evans in the centre. dropping ashbee controversial i know but i think he stifles too many attacks attempting a 35 yard through ball which ends up 20 yards away from the strikers.

2. SiK

SiK Member

Completely agree about Ash. I was at the game and made a similar comment on the old 606. Would prefer Evans and maybe Koren in the middle, or even Beliad when he becomes available, especially at home. Maybe 2 defensive mids away but there surely has to be a creative guy in the middle at home.

3. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

yep. two creative wingers is ok but it seems alot of our play goes via the middle and if they mark our wingers then we try the through ball to the strikers, and ashbee and harper arent the men to do it, im all for playing defensive midfielders but we need one to make a pass, fingers crossed evans will be that, at least he pushes forward with the ball so hes nearer the front 2/3 to play a ball.

4. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Once the transfer market is closed think NP will have an attacking MF sorted,why have two defensive central players.They both have attendencey to drop back into the back four area then disrupte those

5. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I'm about the only one I know who likes the two cdm's system, as it makes us solid. I'd go with Ashbee being left out if we just had one, as Harper does a lot of work that goes unseen, as Blackandamber was suggesting.

6. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

i dont mind two cdm's id like evans and harper as harpers a better ball player, just at the moment they cant make a killer pass, theyre that bad they shouldnt but repeatedly do, ashbees the worst for it