1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading fan Chat – Reading v Aston Villa

Discussion in 'Aston Villa' started by daib0, Mar 5, 2013.

1. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

A warm hello once again to all Villa fans – for those who don’t know me it’s a Royals fan 100% in peace, and I represent Reading’s ‘Royals Rendezvous’. It would be really interesting for us to have any general comments from you, like how you see the game going and general thoughts on your own team, and your (honest!) opinion of Reading. Trust me, our members love to hear what other fans have to say …

These simple following ideas might be used as a very basic guide in case you’d like to write to something slightly longer, but don’t feel you need to answer a ‘shopping list’ because any (sociable!) comments are equally welcome ...

A] It’s a difficult season for both of us; in our case it was probably expected of us as newbies without substantial strengthening, but in your case rather a surprise. Is there anything specific that you can put your finger on as to why things haven’t gone as smoothly as expected?
    B] What did you make of the winter transfer window this time around? And any academy players impressing you that might become well-known names in the future?
    C] So, taking reality as it is, where do you think you will finish the season if all more-or-less goes well? And ... err, any hope for Reading? (I’m not expecting comments to be particularly positive!!)
    D] For the more senior members this might bring back memories, Anyone still remember Villa Park, 4th May 1971 – a Villa victory 2-1 with a Reading own goal which sent the Royals (then the Biscuitmen) down to the fourth tier for the first time? Apparently we had a great manager (Jack Mansell) playing attractive football but it didn’t work out. Any anecdote much appreciated!
    E] Any more recent Villa v Reading memories that you’d care to share?

Many thanks, here’s to a good game! I’ll try to look in daily so any questions from yourselves, just get back on this thread ...

daib0/David

2. Larry-AV

Larry-AV Well-Known Member

Due to commitments elsewhere I don't get the chance to post here regularly.

The game was 'must win' for both teams, my team won and I am glad of that.

I do not think Aston Villa will go down and the Chairman stating that Paul Lambert will be staying, no matter what, has provided stability.

By sacking Mr McDermott, I think the Reading Board has acted in a short-sighted manner and probably condemned Reading FC to relegation, even though they were bookies' favourites for relegation anyway.