1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ravel Morrison ... Again

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 27, 2017.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Morrison training with QPR ahead of possible move
    By West London Sport 27/01/2017

please log in to view this image

Ravel Morrison is training with QPR ahead of a possible return to the club.

Morrison ended the 2013-14 season on loan from West Ham at Rangers, helping them reach the play-offs.

The 23-year-old joined Lazio in 2015 and, after quickly becoming unsettled at the Italian club, Morrison was offered the chance to rejoin QPR.

He backed out of that move and stayed in Italy, where he has failed to make an impact.

He remains under contract at Lazio but is free to train with other clubs.

Morrison recently trained with Wigan, whose manager Warren Joyce previously coached him at United.

2. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

Just beat me to it there 9s!

I understand some of the previous concerns about him but can't help thinking why not.

Maybe Ollys man management might get him determined to prove people wrong and we benefit.

rangercol likes this.
  3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm not too sure on this one. He's only played 11 games in nearly three years since leaving us. I wonder why he didn't sign for Wigan while he was on trial there, or even more worrying is why they didn't want to sign him. If he does impress Holloway and he decides to take a punt on him his wages are only £12k a week, which is about our level nowadays and nowhere near Sandro etc levels. There's no doubt that there's a good footballer in there somewhere, I hope he's matured a bit now and he can get his head down and sort out a decent career for himself.

NorwayRanger and EscapeGoat like this.
  4. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the reaction of Morrison the moment Ollie informs the press that he doesn't work hard enough. He doesn't track back. etc. etc?

5. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Isn't there a transfer thread already opened?

Only joking 999's.

I like flair players but I think Ravel is a poor man's Adel with half the application and one tenth of the skill. Not for me unfortunately.

6. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Did he leave us under a bit of a cloud? Honestly can't remember why we didn't end up signing him. For me this signing doesn't fit with the ethos Ollie is establishing. Also it's a worry that he was so desperate to sign Lua Lua based on performances from well over a year ago despite him not being anywhere near match fit and now he wants to sign a guy who's played 11 times in 3 years. Think the strategy is a bit confusing.

Hoop-Leif and kingdom hoop like this.
  7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Didn't Holloway say that we had too many No. 10's at the club.

I don't think he left under a cloud, Redknapp just let him go at the end of his loan spell. It was the then West Ham manager, Sam Allardyce, who didn't want him.

8. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

firstly thank god youve opened another thread,this nonsense of only having one thread was the brain child of drew garro,who runs the qprdotorg
    the watrbs site has trully defeated this idea,lets put up as many threads as we want
    but back to this particular topic ,if hje joins us now managerial genius holloway would create a superbe player for us he would give him the steel he needs and in 4 years time he could be worth five million a nice little earner for us

9. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one finglas. Now if there was a chance of getting Adel back...:emoticon-0152-heart

10. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

His form really tailed off when he was with us, so much so that he didn't make the team for the play-offs. Was he even on the bench for the final?

11. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

I can't imagine a more unlikely match up than Holloway and Morrison. A fan of fitness, hard graft and togetherness meets feckless, posturing gangsta. If it happens Ferdinand may well have undone the team spirit that Holloway has been successfully building over recent weeks.

12. seahoop

seahoop Well-Known Member

13. Frome-Ranger

Scored a few in March didn't we.

seahoop likes this.
  14. Frome-Ranger

That was it. If he trained with Wigan and didn't get a deal maybe the same will happen here.

15. seahoop

seahoop Well-Known Member

Harry had the hump with him because he didn't want to be subbed. I think it was Kranjcar who come on for him and Harry loved Niko .
    Ravel was dropped after that.

16. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

He definitely came on in the play off semi home leg and I believe was on the bench for the final but didn't get used after Clint Hill subbed himeslf after O Neill got sent off.

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Well I am happy if Morrison is back because no other player at QPR can open up a defence like he can or pass that killer ball. I don't care about attitude, I care about us winning and with him in the team we will have a better chance. Yes yes yes

18. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Its a yes from me. Is naturally talented and can play that famous number ten role.

Belfasthoop likes this.
  19. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I never understood the 'too many number 10s' remark. With Chery gone, we don't have any as far as I can tell.

mapleranger likes this.
  20. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

A couple have gone recently for being the wrong sort. Somehow he's the right sort?

KooPeeArr and finglasqpr like this.