1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rangers Player Of The Year

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Apr 24, 2017.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

2. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Who is he?

3. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

He looks 5 years younger.

4. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

If only we had him at our club

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  5. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Should have kept for sure.

NorwayRanger, Hoop-Leif and rangercol like this.
  6. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Sorry to play devils advocate, but has anyone else thought that this firstly shows how brilliant Clint Hill is, but also slightly shows the lack of quality in the Scottish Premiership?

Eamon Holmes likes this.
  7. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

It's the lack of quality in Rangers squad, hence they are miles adrift of Celtic and Aberdeen. I saw Clint play a few weeks back, and he was class even though his pace has completly gone.

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Another masterstroke by the half-wits running QPR...

qpherts and Bush Rhino like this.
  9. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Alongside the masterstroke that allowed Ale Faurlin to go.

10. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Not having that, I know it's bash the board week for you but not many posters on here were clamouring for Clint to be our first choice CB this season, much as we might have wanted him to stay. Personally I always thought he'd still do a job but you're just using hindsight to stick it to TF and co. Unless you genuinely predicted he would have been our player of the year if he stayed.

seagullhoop and Wherever like this.

11. Sooperhoop

Nothing to do with being Player of the Year, it's about letting an exemplary professional with the right attitude leave the club when his experience would have been invaluable both as a squad player and as someone who could have been ideal to become one of the coaching staff. He was one of the few players we have had in recent years who shows pride and leadership, something the current bunch seriously lack...

12. 1982_Ranger

1982_Ranger Well-Known Member

Definitely should have kept Ale.

13. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but let's face it, Clint was losing pace on a day to day basis. That said we still should have kept him for his talismanic leadership qualities. And I used to love singing 'Clint Hill, we just like watching Clint Hill'

QPR Oslo and Ninj like this.
  14. qpherts

Still better than our useless so called captain

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Ooh ooh ooh
    Player of the year
    Will there be an awards ceremony
    Maybe some sort of dinner and dance night

16. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

And Joel Lynch.

NorwayRanger, rangercol and qpherts like this.
  17. qpherts

Also scored as many as Washington!!

18. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

For sure, Clint looks great for his age.

John Greig Achievement: Clint Hill

CLINT HILL has been handed the John Greig Achievement Award at the Rangers Player of the Year Awards.

The defender described himself as “shocked and humbled” after being handed the gong by the club legend, who hand picks its recipients.

At 38-years-old Hill has played 29 times this season so far and netted a remarkable six goals from his centre-half berth.

Speaking to RangersTV after picking up his award Hill said:

“I’m not going to lie to you I am surprised and shocked to get something from such an iconic figure at Ibrox.

“What John has done for the club throughout the years has been incredible and to get such a special award from him is quite humbling.

“He always sits out the back of the dressing room before games with the Doc and the Doc gives him coffees and plays him a bit of music.

“I do like my coffee so I go through too and John is always there and always gives me a bit of advice, it can be quite brutal at times which is fine because he has earnt that respect.

“I have always enjoyed his company and it looks like all those coffees have paid off now he’s given me this!

“When I first walked through those airport doors I thought what is going on here, I thought has someone famous walked out behind me? I couldn’t quite grasp the whole concept of it.

“I said in my first interview I’m not here for a jolly up, I’m here to do well and I want to play. I had something to prove and I still have something to prove every day.

“If I have proved a few people wrong and they have changed their opinions of me then that is brilliant.

“I struggled at first. I struggled with the whole expectation of the club and where it was at the time.

“The club was in the Premiership now and the expectation was to win it, I thought it would be a gradual process but no the fans wanted to win it and I struggled with that at first.

“I also struggled with the system and the style of play and I found it tough but I slowly got my head around it and I thought this club is massive and I need to prove people wrong.

“I thought I want to get this club into the right position and hopefully over the course of the season I have proved a few people wrong.

“To score that amount of goals in the appearances I have made I never thought I would but you take every goal and grasp it. I am going to score a few more before I do finish.

“It is difficult for me to pick a highlight from the season; just playing for Rangers is a great reward for me but probably this moment now getting the award from John.

“My goal against Celtic was only a point but the occasion itself was a highlight for me. The season isn’t finished yet and we want to kick on and finish as high as we can.

“If I could stay I’d like to, I don’t know what the situation is or if there is one.

“If the opportunity does come then brilliant, if not then I would have enjoyed every minute of this football club – it has been a great honour to play here, it really has.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/john-greig-achievement-clint-hill/

Tramore Ranger and NorwayRanger like this.
  19. Sooperhoop

That tells you all you need to know about why he's still playing at 38 and, more importantly, still acheiving. I bet virtually any of our squad in a similar situation would have slinked off and quit...

NorwayRanger likes this.
  20. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

I reckon most of our squad would be outstanding in whatever Scottish team they could get into