1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sports Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by RogerisontheHunt, Aug 5, 2017.

1. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Melissa Reid on the European side:

95c50b3c0dc2448d07ec6aef8183ad61.jpg 121f6ae1f7c2720b707ed7a04447d5c6.jpg
    US: Michelle Wie

FedLadSonOfAnfield likes this.
  2. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

One better....Carly Booth. Golfer.

I'm not supplying the pics....call it a squirrel hunt........:bandit:

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Not being a sexist pig like you lot.

A) i thought they were relatively well paid to not have to pose in their undies.

B) why do they wear short skirts playing? I mean does it not restrict the swing or what?

Teeing off with a big driver they need to get the feet wide apart no?

Seems silly to me.

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Isn't the most famous one Paige spiranac? Not even sure she's a pro but pretty sure she gets all the attention

5. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

As to A)- You're doing your job paid well enough, then someone says here's some more cash all we need you to do is sit in your underwear and have some pictures taken... The money you get paid regularly is nice but this is an extra bonus, remember footballers do ads (some in their underwear) all the time and they get paid more than enough. The photo looks like a promo shoot for a magazine and if the ladies need to expose themselves to expose their sport to a male audience and get more viewers then that means more prize money.

BobbyD likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

No of course not.. especially not as an ardent feminist who wants to be taken serious :) the whole point of it is the "audience" is only interested in her sexually not as a sportsperson and that sends all the wrong messages to young women who should be doing some sport but most give up once they hit 12.

As I have said before, some sports like football have a small professional cohort now for women. the audience? its not really women is it? womens golf, tennis and a couple other sports are the ones where they get paid a reasonable amount based on audience. If you want to be taken seriously posing in your undies doesn't really do that does it?

footballers who do it are vain ****s like beckham and ronaldo. I'd not want to be associated with them either.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

never heard of her.

I heard of the uk's finest Laura Davies when i had a modicum of interest in any golf but TBH i've no real interest in either gender's sport now... its a bit dull TBH.

I'm just saying... wtf... posing in undies and wearing sill skirts is not really helping the cause. Its purely me myself and I attitude.

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Or is just a mild version of prostitution...

9. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Interesting to see if finally Froome can add the Vuelta to his Tour win. Looking good so far but as normal it looks a fairly brutal route.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

Just more evidence of drugs.

This combination of wins is virtually impossible with drugs.

11. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

<yikes>

FedLadSonOfAnfield likes this.
  12. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Watched the last 50k, lots of breakaways. Contador tested Froome on the last climb but Froome was having none of it. No real change in GC

13. Solid_Air 2

well yes being wasted on Cornish Blue does make the Pyrenean climbs very tricky .

No way of knowing if it is possible or not with a level playing field as we know for 20+ years doping was occurring on an industrial scale but tbh your comment makes very little sense since in the period mentioned above it wasn't done i with the last winner of both being the Badger in 78 which was when it was held at a different time of the year.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

Well... think on that... i know its not been done so there no way froome can claiming to be clean

15. Solid_Air 2

<laugh>

yeah right he's doping more than Armstrong was <doh>

PS Froome may have doped / be doping but there is no evidence it so far & your logic doesn't stack .

16. moreinjuredthanowen

Just hasnt been caught yet.

Everyone knows sky are up to their necks and frooms improvement is not from learning to ride.

Sorry.

17. Solid_Air 2

so Sky are pumping him full of EPO , Steroids etc but none of the changes show up on the biological passport.
    look yes doping still exists in cycling as in all sports , except football apparently , but nowhere near the scale it did as far as we can tell unless the teams have found a trick that the authorities haven't picked up yet.
    as for the Sky comment its could just be a backlash fuelled by the dodgy use of TUE's but i notice you fail to mention Froomes hacked WADA records showed no dodgy activity.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

With respect Wada records show over the table interactions not elicit stuff.

Froome has now 4 tours and 3 in a row.

Put it this way. Too many guys struggle to compete consistently due to the demands of the race, contador, armstrong, landis, pantani, ullrich... sll had to admit what they were at.

Since 2010 no winner has been caught which simply suggests to me they are doing other things than epo etc.....no way does a guy pull a 4 tour wins unless we are sayingvthe othrs are pure ****.

At least now his samples are on record and eventually it will cone out

19. FedLadSonOfAnfield

If you think any pro sport doesn't involve doping, especially those winning a lot, you're totally delusional

All of them have their special doctors with their 'treats'

Also the other issue stemming from this is those who dope well and win, in all sports, take the majority and large share of the winnings to be able to pay better people for better substances to dope them more sophisticatedly leaving those lower down the scale falling further and further behind

20. FedLadSonOfAnfield

I'll have Wie ... love Asian women, especially ones with a nice ample set of jebs like her