1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ralphy Ralphy Ralphy, Ralph. Ralphy ralph, Ralphy Ralph

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That probably is how it went yeah, it's also a lot more detail than I ever intended for what is merely a little tribute to a little known player of the Ferguson era who has now sadly died.

I would hope they have a little moment of silence for him tonight before the Germany game.

<ok>

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fair point. Wife is away in Denmark on business so I may be making anal posts out of boredom rather than any real need. Clearly not what a football forum is for! :)

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Ralph, mainly as he was the first player I remember Utd signing, and also thought SAF's comments about him being his worst ever signing were quite harsh on the bloke.

Would be nice if there was a minute of silence tonight, but I don't think he played much for Scotland so more likely it will be at the next Dundee game.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

From the bloke who signed Bebe, Bellion, Prunier, Taibi, Anderson and Djemba Djemba it's a massive bloody insult to be perfectly honest!

When did he say this, I don't recall it being in either book? Maybe I just missed it.

United should pay tribute on Saturday.

It would give the scouse something to boo and Astro and Donga an excuse to regurgitate this time once when he heard someone sing it's never you fault, allegedly.

4. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

5. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pretty sure it was at some LMA dinner / awards ceremony or other. Possibly just a throwaway comment, and pretty sure it was around the time we signed Anderson and Bebe so he probably wasn't thinking of either of them.

Like I said above, I think it was more the fact we signed Ralph back when we were mid table trying to build to the top, so it was the worst in terms of not pushing us forwards and delaying the rebuilding a bit. Whereas all the others you mentioned were signed when we were at the top of the league with money coming out of our arse, and didn't really hinder us in any meaningful manner with the notable exception of D-D.