1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rafa's post QPR interview on Sky

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Consett Mag, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Totally forgot about Villa. Bruce has hardly worked miracles there either.

It's a tough league full of ****e but that hard ****e that gets stuck in your shoe. I thought most of your signings were very sensible. A bit surprised not to have seen more of Hanley and Diame who both normally murder us.

2. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Oxford 3 Newcastle 0

3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I assumed, like Brighton, you pretty much threw that one to concentrate on the league.

4. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

It’s been a busy week for everybody, Newcastle chose not to strengthen in the window. With the benefit of hindsight and a result like tonight, is that a decision that you would like to revisit?
    Benitez: My decision was very clear. It was not my decision.

It’s not your decision (not) to bring in new players?
    Benitez: It wasn’t my decision.

Would you have liked to bring in those players?
    Benitez: It wasn’t my decision. So I said what I wanted, what I needed, what the team needed and that’s it.

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Yes as clear as mud. He hasn't said why they didn't come in. That is the key factor.

6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

For me he has said what he can say, no good coming out to the press saying Ashley's a tight ass twat and has stiffed me at the last...

If it was a case of Palace messing around surely he'd just come straight out and say that?

"we had a deal, they moved the goalposts, we move on" would suffice and I doubt it would be as cryptic as his quotes today are.

Like I said in my earlier post, there just needs to be some clarity and transparency about who does what behind the scenes in regards to transfers and all this wondering whats gone on goes away. We all know Ashley doesn't like the January window and would rather chance it (again I said in another thread last week - I'm not bothered about signings and I think we have enough to get through this season) BUT Rafa clearly wanted players and didn't get them. For what ever reason, we missed out and he's pissed off about it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  7. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

This is a big thing for me, how on earth has Carr kept his job? Yes we've sold a few players on for good fees but we've lost a lot of money on 'flops' (or players we didn't give enough of a chance), and we've been relegated. His reputation with players should be tarnished yet he still has a cosy seat next to Ashley.

Sheikh_of_Araby and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  8. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

He wont say "I wanted x & y but Charnley and Ashley ****ed it up" will he? I think he's being pretty diplomatic there but clearly saying that he wanted, indeed NEEDED certain players and 'somebody else' decided against it. Given the past history of our owner and his MD it doesn't take a genius to work out what's happened does it??

Face it, Ashley has started to interfere yet again and we all know how that ends. The guy will never, ever learn.................. no matter how much we want him to. Rafa will walk in the summer, promotion or not.

9. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

As angry as I am, if Palace were trying to make a profit on Townsend, then I wouldn't like it, or let them take the pee.

We've got to not let this horrible week knack our psyche.

Atsu will us something we've missed, as will Gayle. Rafa has had this issue before, just not for the paltry amounts compared to his Liverpool days...

Flash likes this.
  10. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

We didn't need to buy players for just because there was an opportunity with the transfer window being open. Got Gayle and Atsu coming back from ACON. Rafa is a dick if he stews on it for more than 5 mins. If we get promoted and he isn't fully backed in the summer then that's a different story.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.

11. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

I think Rafa's more of a professional than that. He'll get on with the job at hand and see what's open to him in the summer in terms of a war chest. We get the cash flowing again and we'll make signings from a position of strength. I think we might have been in a better position if we'd been 10 points in front of second, but players are less willing to come down a league if they are unsure whether they'll be coming straight back up.

12. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Exactly.

All this Rafa is hardly gonna say anything stuff has tickled me. Rafa is a professional but Pardew was a **** for doing the exact same thing.

Rafa the puppet it is then <laugh>

General Lee Speaking likes this.