1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

radio leicester commentry

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by spanish fox, Jan 30, 2011.

1. spanish fox

spanish fox New Member

any body else think that the commentry on radio leicester is rubbish .Allan Young isgreat but Stringer well ,ok if you want to know what the lady in fronts wearing.:emoticon-0109-kiss: listened to the guy doing the Hinckley commentry on saturday he was

2. spanish fox

spanish fox New Member

any body else think that the commentry on radio leicester is rubbish .Allan Young isgreat but Stringer well ,ok if you want to know what the lady in fronts wearing.:emoticon-0109-kiss: listened to the guy doing the Hinckley commentry on saturday he was brilliant

3. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

You mean Andy Gibbs? I can't stand that muppet.

I don't know why everyone complains about Stringer, yes he talks complete **** most of the time but he makes the game enetertaining. He shows passion in his commentary which is the most important thing. The details about our performance don't really matter because if I haven't been I can get a report from other people who went on sites like this.

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I think stringer is alright. If i was commentator for city i would be shouting swearing and wanting to get involved with the crowd. So its not as easy as everyone makes out. He keeps it entertaining even if he does go on about rubbish sometimes

5. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Andy Gibbs is a massive douche.

Strings and Youngy are both die hard Leicester fans so its good to hear it from their perspective but you should go to the games,.

6. NFITCL

NFITCL New Member

surely commentary should be UN biased, having your own fans makes it poor for the neutral fan listening<ok>

7. Proud Fox

Its a local radio station so it isnt meant for neautrals

8. NFITCL

NFITCL New Member

Its actually BBC`s policy along with any other journalistic realm within the uk.

There are more NEUTRAL fans in Leicester than city fans, so therefore it should be a neutral affair unbiased to any direct gloating. because in the uk we dont gloat or didnt you know this.

9. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

If you're not a Leicester fan and you're listening to radio Leicester you deserve to listen to commentary biased towards Leicester

How many neutral fans listen to Leicester games on the radio?

10. NFITCL

NFITCL New Member

Its the only radio station i listen to when im home.

Its not professional to be biased<ok>

Radio derby and Nottingham are not.

11. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Yeh but they're twats

12. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

no-where near as bad the hull commentary, weve got the most pessimistic commentators ive ever heard! ian stringers pretty good.

13. Yak.

Yak. Member

Em Colin fray is quality and totally unbiased.

There was no need for that mate<laugh>

14. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

<laugh>

If Stringer wasn't biased it wouldn't be half as interesting

15. cantlebabes

cantlebabes New Member

At the end of the day, Stringer is the most passionate commentator we've had for a long time. Best since Nev Foulger I would say.

16. foxaway

foxaway Member

too right, why would i want to listen to a neutral man on a saturday afternoon when you can just read the reports etc after the game. Hope Stringy gets more biased, every local radio station has local bias, that's the whole point of them!

Could be worse anyway, BBC radio Derby's chief football commentator Colin Gibson (or Colin Bloomfield can't remember which is which) is a Forest fan, and always very negative towards the Rams, hows that for bias

17. matty elliot's balding cranium

For those of us who live not locally and overseas - The BBC Radio Leicester commentry is obviously the only option from week to week.
    you take what you can get!

anyway as much as they bang on about not being biased - the likes of 5 live are biased towards the bigger teams man u's, aresenals, chelseas etc. - fair enough they have a bigger fan base - but even the phone in's are dominated by their fans and even when a token smaller club fan gets on - the likes of alan green etc. give them a bit of lip service - then move on rapidly!!

just think of the radio leicester commetry as a high brow version of sky's fanzone!!!

18. Proud Fox

All the media care about is Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City.

No one else gets a look in.

I want to a tv channel focus purely on the football league and forget about the prem

19. foxaway

foxaway Member

the whole of the BBC football organisation is totally London centric, only teams outside of London they care about are Manchester Utd Manchester City and Liverpool. End of the day it's a local radio station that focusses on local news and sport, why would we bother listening if it didn't? Like Proud Fox et al have said, the big teams get enough coverage

20. Dirkster the Fox

Are you for real. Shouldn't be biased? So you tune in to listen to Radio Leicester, with most people living in Leicestershire listening and the commentator should be a Wolves fan let say? What a load of Rubbish.....