1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Rotherham

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Mar 17, 2017.

1. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh><ok>

kiwiqpr likes this.
  2. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Good win but not at our best especially in 1st half, 2nd half much better, not sure what Morrison was about, negative play & should've scored also playing too deep, open mind about him.

3. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been busy all day, first time sat down was to watch the last 20 minutes of the rugby.........just read the whole thread, what a nice read.......great result....so pleased that Mass finally scored, so good to give another side a tanking, been a long time since we did that at HQ.....

Well done all.........soooopahooopsaaaaa

4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Not a classic but a further confidence booster.

So nice to be aproaching the summer with no prospect of having to buy a whole new team yet again.

5. sku

sku Well-Known Member

Felt like a 1-1 draw. Too many basic mistakes, but a win is a win.

Agree that Morrison was out of sorts. Curtis Fleming seem to have a word - partly to tell him to take his gloves off - and to give some direction. After that he laid in a perfect ball for Yeni. Looks slimmer than a few weeks ago - but still short of match fitness.

Also odd with both Goss and Hall on at the same time. At one point Goss was playing centre defence with Hall in midfield; surely it should have been the other way around??

6. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Job well done, happy days!

7. QPRoma

QPRoma Active Member

A win is a win but Rotherham is by far the weakest team seen at LR this year.

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Not sure mate. The QPR team that played Newcastle was pretty awful.

9. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

That is very true.

That is why I am even more impressed. To win 5-1 when not playing is a great achievement, even if the opposition were poor.

10. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

can someone put up the goals for me thanks

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Great result. The very brief highlights made it look like we played 'put it in the mixer' football - anybody who was there care to reassure me?

12. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

People are going to scream and shout but despite the 5 goals most of the game was pretty tedious IMO. This goes back to missing the 'spark' we discussed in midweek. With Manning left on the bench it was all very workmanlike. Certainly Morrison's strutting but ineffective cameo has confirmed he is not the one to fill this gap.

13. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He fills some exceptionally large gaps.

Sooperhoop likes this.
  14. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

That was a heck of a sweet strike for the Rotherham goal. Despite not playing that we'll we nearly got 6 or 7. Shame it's a couple of weeks until our next game, never good for momentum.

15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

It was a somewhat odd performance against a dire Rotherham side. A big win, but not a big performance. I'm regularly puzzled by Holloway's line-ups but yesterday we started with 5-3-2, which was surprising against the worst team in the league. Hall later moved into a DM position, but he started out as a regulation CB. We also started with Smith and Sylla up top, encouraging a high ball approach, when Washington would have had a field day with the ball played to feet or into channels against a terrible Rotherham defence. He showed this later in the game, cutting in from the left past two players before hitting the post. I hope the players are not as confused as I am by Holloway's 'tinkering'. I suppose this is the right time to try out different options, but I wish he would settle on a more consistent way to play.

Rodney, Uber_Hoop, Kilburn and 2 others like this.
  16. bc7

bc7 Active Member

It looks to me that Hall slips into midfield when we are going forward and back into defense when we are defending. I like it and think he plays the position well. When we first started playing five at the back, I thought we would try wing-backs pushing on and three centre halves covering, but this seems much better balanced.

rangercol and NorwayRanger like this.
  17. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Yes, it's more 5-3-2 than 3-5-2 and Hall does have the flexibility to step forward into midfield. It got confused later on when Goss came on to play in the position that Hall was already occupying. I'd rather see Goss get a run in the DM role and Hall to stick as a CB.

18. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

it's amazing how people watch the same game and have completely different views on performances. I think the only thing we can all agree on was Rotherham were very poor. As for Ravel. A player with complete confidence in his own ability. I'd love it if he can get his head right and we sign him permanently next season

QPRoma likes this.
  19. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Well over 50% of his passes yesterday were to play the ball backwards & another 40% sidewarys!

He slowed us down & stoped us going forwards. I know I'm biased against him & think that he is one of the most over rated players in our history, but he has contributed zero for us this season.

We have at least seven players with more attacking ability than Morrison.

20. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

When was the last time we won by that margin?