1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR v Reading – Match Chat (04/11/2012)

Discussion in 'Reading' started by daib0, Oct 31, 2012.

1. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Nice to see Gorks doing OK, even as a shadow of the player he was with you .......:biggrin:

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Are you always wrong about everything?

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree he scored past us today (delection) but talk to me are his defending against Arsenal? You know nothing about the player and i saw him week in and out for 2 years and trust me he is a 'shadow of his former self'. If you want to discuss him we can but you better know your stuff. <ok>

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

So have you seen him week in week out at Reading to make an accurate comparison?

5. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Nope, up to a point true what Ellers says, his confidence has taken a bit of a suffering this season, strange after his solid performances second half last season but then he was hardly tested like this season, however to say 'a shadow of former self' is a bit too stretched!!

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Result not good enough for either team D. <ok>

7. Tilehurstsouthbank

Gorkks has been poor this season. At fault for a lot of the goals we've conceded. If he was so much better at QPR, why did Warnock sell him?

8. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Warnock sold him because he knew he was a decent championship player but not good enough for the prem!

9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I said when you guys bought him that he was 'slow'. Great player for the Championship and puts his head where people won't put their boots but his pace was always going to let him down in the Prem.
    Well respected player at QPR and a fans fav but we moved on and so did he. I read a few comments from Reading fans about him (of late) and felt they have been wrong to knock him, especially when he took you up. Fans have short memories and should always respect the players that have done well for the club.

10. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Hiya Ellers, Happy New Year to you.

Gorkss has struggled this season and the step up to the premiership has been his personal downfall. But to make him the scapegoat for the teams problems is unfair. We're struggling because, once again, we've tried to do the prem on the cheap. Trying to solve things now, in the January transfer market, is like trying to sweep the sea off the decks of the Titanic, greater preparation should have been made last summer. When compared to some of the players QPR, West Ham and Southampton have in their side, and even then seeing them struggling to various degree's, it was obvious from day one what was going to happen to us.

There are several problems at our club, some of those problems are player related, but others are at a higher level. And I doubt those particular problems will be resolved any time soon.

11. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

That's true, I give you that, you did say just that. But you know, when we (or anyone) sign new players you think it's going to turn out alright; after all, the manager knows more than me, we think. But do managers pay enough attention to the majority fan opinion? - not enough I'd say!

Above that, I'd say QPR are starting to pick up. Reading have a hell of a job now to not finish 20th!!!!!

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I think both our clubs are in trouble. Reading because they didn't spend and us because we spent wrong. Too close to call at the moment (who will get relegated), i still think there will be more twists as the season goes on. Just when i thought Villa and Newcastle were safe they start losing again? Last week i thought we were dead and buried then we won at Chelsea and brings us back into it? Just hope Arry can do his usual transfer window coups. Whatever happens it should be an exciting end to the season!

13. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

s funny how things goes at 4.48 n saturda it looked like rangers and reading would be 10 points from safety, with villa baeting the swans, and a bit later saints nearlly beating arsenal, then they ended draws rangers pulled off a miracle, game on again

14. Owlish52

Owlish52 New Member

Another Reading fan here - I fear we have a deep hole to work our way out of, but I believe ('hope' is probably the more correct word) we can, just as QPR can work their way out - we could either or both slip back down, too! I can not speak for anyone but myself, but I thought keeping the core of the club together and making a few additions would give RFC a fair shot to be in the 12-15 range in the Premier League, and that we had made decent additions over the summer. It's possible McDermott thought the same - regardless, I was certainly wrong. We should have made more changes, and replaced more of the Championship winning team. But we are where we are now and must try to make adjustments and strive to win more matches, just to make the end of the season a fight.