1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Ipswich

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 1, 2017.

1. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

Yeah I would single those 3 out possibly hall too, not sure what cousins brings and watching perch get mugged off and give away fouls around the box makes me need a lie down. shows what a bit of belief can do but we won't always be so fortunate

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I've given up slagging Perch off. The bloke is no more a footballer than I am a rabbi.

I've seen Cousins play well for other teams so I have hope. I think he's meant to be box to box but he sort of just ambles around the middle third.

3. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

I am also hoping that we treat our upcoming FA Cup match against Blackburn as another Championship fixture that we need to win.

mapleranger likes this.
  4. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Harsh comments on Perch in my view

I thought that he put in a second decent performance in 2 days

A few on here would do well to give Mackie some credit too

Both Wolves and Ipswich are very mediocre sides - but just the type of teams that we need to be picking up points again

Our real test on progress will come next week at Reading - I'm assuming that Holloway will make plenty of changes for the FAC match

5. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Great goal by the Pole.

Tramore Ranger and QPRski like this.
  6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

McCarthy 2 Ipswich 1

Well done for the win but our useless Tosser of a manager and his dinosaur tactics sure played their part!

7. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Great tackle by Grant Hall on Pitman when it looked like he was about to score to put them 1-2 up. Well done Grant.

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Thought you were worth at least a point. Very harsh result.

Is McGoldrick on drugs? I've never seen him get out of a stroll before but he was all over the place today. I thought the fans were a bit harsh on McCarthy for the subs. Emmanuel was anonymous mostly and the left-back who went off was struggling a bit.

9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Agree with you on Perch. Thought he did OK again 2nd half today ( only saw end of the 1st) and his throw led to our opener.

10. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Wondered who that was. Excellent tackle.

QPR Oslo likes this.

11. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Great start to 2017.
    I don't think anyone had a bad game though some did not shine either.
    I note Watford's comment re Perch. Shows how subjective opinion is as I thought he was contender for MOTM. Actually that accolade goes to Mackie in my view.
    Well done Olly and the lads. Happy days.

12. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

Now we've hit form can we look forward to a cup run?

13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Pawel MOM for me. Like Mackie he never gives up but his running, dribbling, crossing and shooting are all far more effective.

14. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Holloway.jpg

Pawel Wszolek's late winner saw Ian Holloway win back-to-back games for the first time since taking over at QPR.

Idrissa Sylla volleyed the hosts ahead when he reacted quickest to Christophe Berra's poor defensive header.

Tom Lawrence spectacularly equalised early in the second half as he blasted into the top corner from 25 yards.

David McGoldrick, Myles Kenlock and Lawrence had chances to put Ipswich ahead, but Wszolek rounded the keeper and shot home after a defensive error.

QPR, who had lost six in a row before their win at Wolves on New Year's Eve, move up to 17th place in the Championship, two points and two places behind Ipswich.

McGoldrick had two good chances early on for the Suffolk side before Sylla's opener, but Rangers' Guinean striker was forced off with a neck injury soon after giving his side the lead.

Lawrence equalised soon after the restart with an effort that is likely to be a contender for Town's goal of the season, but they missed a series of chances before the home side's winner.

Adam Webster misjudged the flight of a ball over the top and Wszolek took advantage, controlling well before taking it around fellow Pole Bartosz Bialkowski and slotting home.

QPR manager Ian Holloway:

"The window's massive for us and now people have seen us win two games they might actually want to come here instead of thinking 'Do I want to go in to a dressing room like that?'

"No-one likes to have a terrible run like that. It's a horrible feeling and I felt so down, but I never showed the lads because what they were producing at times was quite promising but they were getting nothing."

"Football's about having a balance of legs and knowledge and experience and youth.

"We've also got to see fight here - and we saw that again today. Now I can have a look at things and see what's right for us."

Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy:

"We played really well today but we conceded two really bad goals.

"We created a lot of chances and the second half was a great performance, but we didn't manage to score and then we gave away a milky goal.

"It was a good performance all round, but they put it in the net instead of us. It should have been a 1-1 draw and if we don't win that game then there's no way we should lose it."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38433057

15. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

You know, I said all along that you could have gotten Sir Alex Ferguson into QPR and we wouldn't have seen immediate results because the problems at QPR run deep and don't have an easy fix. But actually, the one thing we've been needing is passion, unity and love for the club. It was the only real solution. Not tactics. You have to have confident, focussed, passionate, unified players to carry out good tactics. I honestly think Ollie was the right man for the job, along with Birch.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  16. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

It was great to get the win and to see two well taken goals. The rest of the game was bloody awful though.

17. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Hard to disagree at the moment but still early days and about 20 points off safety.
    Only time will tell but if he could spread his 33% win rate a bit more evenly, that would be appreciated! And improve it too.

awjm likes this.
  18. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Agree except three well taken goals

kiwiqpr likes this.
  19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Yes of course, Lawrence's goal was a screamer. It's just a shame we gave him the freedom of Shepherds Bush to allow him to do it.

20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

As 999s says not the greatest of matches. This is the Championship after all.
    But these have been matches we have been losing.

We won today....Three great goals...Two to us.

We played with passion and belief today.....Lynch was proper captain, always talking to Manning.
    The back four knew what they were doing, even after Ned came on..they shifted round with Hall as DCM

There was no inventiveness in midfield though (Cousins and Ariel)...but the forwards were like hornets, especially Mackie, Pawel and Sylla/Conor.

Conor raced off at the end, not waiting around to clap the crowd and vice versa.... feeling he is on his way with Chery...and Caulker (one can hope!!)

We will not be relegated we will not be promoted.
    Green shoots have been seen

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017