1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Forest

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Apr 28, 2017.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

In your last post you talk about an educated response and then really do talk some bollocks. I am not and never have been a 'Holloway die hard'. In fact apart from Ted . I've not seen anyone whose views as expressed could be so construed. It is so convenient to put us all into your lazy little labels. However it is a long time since you gave any manager a chance. Trouble is I never see a realistic name from you who you believe should be appointed. Nobody said that yesterday's e performance was great or that recent performances have been. I have not even seen the match so would hardly claim that it was and never pretended otherwise. We can all see that it has not been good. However read my post again and you will see that it is the constant whingeing because of course you have the same rights like any yoghurt knitter that led to my invitation. It still stands. You will find that currently Reading are playing better than us and a style of football which you will like. I really do believe you would be happier there.

2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Ah bless.
    I can see from your reply referring to "yogurt knitter' that this is not actually about my response to yesterdays game but something from another thread. Move on fella.

rangercol likes this.
  3. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the highlights - how did that early chance not go in? Appears we were all hands on deck in the final 20 mins to preserve our lead - some real Keystone Cops stuff.

4. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

We don't agree much in our musings on another thread, Col, but I agree with this 100%. Lots of work still to be done - mainly by the players we have, as I don't see a lot of people leaving or coming in, do you?

Oh, sorry, one disagreement - Pinot Noir over Merlot for me...

rangercol likes this.
  5. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Dont want to be negative when we got a result......
    but it was Smithies who earned us the points (again) and the first half was truly as bad as I have ever seen us play.

I think we would have been relegated long before yesterday were it not for Smithies.

As for entertainment, Beth is dead right, our Brighton and Huddersfield performances were miles better, irrespective of the end result.

6. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

What oldies?? We have none and that is part of the problem, we've gone from Dads Army to The Rugrats (i.e. one extreme to the other). We actually could do with an experienced veteran in the side to marshall the troops. I'd like to see someone like Charlie Adam brought in to add some steel and guile in the middle of the park.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I had Mackie in mind, I believe his contract's up, and personally, I wouldn't renew. We sold Clint Hill before his sell-by date. Yes, Adam might be a good call (instead of Luongo)

8. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Frankly I'd take anyone instead of Luongo. Yet another ineffective, frustrating display yesterday. What we need is someone with steel to play alongside Manning and Freeman and we'd have the makings of a decent midfield. Maybe we could get Joey Barton to have a personality transplant.

GoldhawkRoad likes this.
  9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

we were lucky

UTRs likes this.
  10. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Nah they weren't all that, got nothing deserved nothing

11. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I think there is wishful thinking that we could actually attract Charlie Adam, why on earth would he come to us? Don't say because he used to play for Ollie...

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Not really what we need imo.

13. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

We need a new defence with defenders that work as a unit...

14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I have been abroad for a bit and yesterday was my first live game since before Easter. I have to say that I was shocked at how bad we have become in such a short time. I can only see things getting worse as well. Next season will be another diluting of skilled players for inferior ones. In the car on the way back we basically went through the squad and we chose the players we would retain, five names was all we could come up with. We really do have a poor squad.

Sooperhoop and UTRs like this.
  15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Which five?

16. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

I know you find the term amusing even though you did not know what it meant in the first place. Try reading the rest of the post. Oh yes. You did but could find no other point to make. Another thread? You've used it as a put-down on so many threads I thought you'd be flattered by it. It's your trade mark so don't be upset when the compliment is returned. I take it you no longer want to play for now so I'm happy to give you your ball back.:emoticon-0101-sadsm

17. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Ok name the five Ellers, also you have plenty of chat & go on about managers but you've never stated who you would fancy here?
    It was never going to be s decent match Saturday as both teams very tense & was going to come down to the first mistake & forest made it.

18. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I completely agree that the game on Saturday was always going to be a nervy. scrappy affair, but Forest at least managed to put some decent passes together. Every team I've seen in this league has been better than us at keeping possession and passing the ball to each other in a basic way.
    I'm not calling for Ollie's head as we need stability, but I'm not at all confident that things will be much better next season.

19. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Although I am desperate for some optimism I think Col is absolutely right, our retention and use of the ball is often terrible and we make so many teams look like Barca in comparison. I don't get it though as man for man our squad has to be better than many in this division but there is a total lack of cohesion to our play. To be honest I don't feel like we've played decent football consistently for years so I can't lay blame squarely at Ollie's feet but it has certainly been exasperated in recent weeks. Managers always bleat on about their pre-season so to give him the benefit of the doubt we can just hope that something clicks over the summer.

20. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

It's a tough ask with the players we've got. They don't appear to have the ball skills to play like Barca (personal skills issue?) and they don't seem to move into space to receive the next pass like Barca (personal skills and team game plan issue?) . Something I noticed more than usual on Saturday was the enthusiasm and effort that they sometimes used to press an opponent - sprinting from a distance to close them down - and the ease with which they ended up charging past the opponent into space as the opponent sidestepped them (keeping the ball, obv.). It looked like chasing shadows at times.

We need a way of playing that the players we have can work with. It may not look like Barca - but neither does Leicester (as an example of an alternative approach).