1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR V Chelsea

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Northolt-QPR, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Moan?! <laugh> I'm telling the truth, even my friend, the SPURS fan, said it was an undeserved win.

2. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

I was trying to be ironic...

See Aston Villa match

3. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

Great historic win for QPR, but it was an advert for the worst elements of our game. Diving, simulation ,pushing and shoving nose to nose stand offs swearing at each other ,too many over paid horrible players and too many inflated egos ............. I watched this match and was not impressed..... Shouldn t take the shine off a great 3 points for you, but it was horrible viewing as a neutral

4. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

1) Well it wasn't really irony was it...

2) That was 1-1, you weren't screwed as bad as us. I mean in an important part of the season, like when it comes to the relegation battle and something happens, I will laugh - a lot.

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I think it is easy to blame a ref (we have all done it) but whenever Chelsea lose it is always the ref and not their arrogant players.
    Drogba was at fault for them and they need to accept it.
    I remember when they lost that game at home in the Champions League against Barcelona. Drogba and co left the field moaning about the ref and injury time but he forgot about all the diving, time wasting and the faking injury all game. Because of Drogba&#8217;s antics they lost that night and if he had been a proper professional they may not have had so much injury time and they might have won it.
    Yesterday Chelsea came to QPR and lost because of arrogance and ineptitude of their players. QPR were worthy winners and thoroughly deserved to win.

6. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

So what?? I don't care! 1-0

7. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

Christ is this STILL going? You lost, GET OVER IT!! Take a leaf out of District Line's book and take it on the chin and move on!

8. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

<doh>. Haven't blamed the referee once this season or last, just this game I can think of. United were a little lucky against us and you could blame the bent linesman which is perfectly legitimet when you conceed two offside goals. Now then, you seriously want to start on the Barcelona game? Have a day off mate, if you seriously think we deserved to go out of that tie then you know **** all about the game <ok>. Have a word with Helguson before you have a pop at Drogba.

The exact petulance I'm talking about <doh>

9. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I had taken it on the chin, untill some of the bellends on your board starting chipping in with their unwanted insults and claiming a lot of fiction was fact.

I'm usually gracious in defeat but I cannot commend one thing QPR did yesterday, you looked awful from after the 20minute mark AND you only won from a bent penalty, of course I'm going to moan! You would do the same.

10. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Northolt, is it time to close this thread and move on?

11. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Amen.

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

That's funny the only ones that seem to think it was an
    was you muppet Chelsea fans. I have had many text from all different fans saying we deserved to win.
    You must be a right deluded muppet if you think otherwise. We were in control when we scored and you had 11 on the field. You went down to 9 men and we found it hard to adabt to the set up. Yes on a good day we would have put 4-5 past you but it was not to be. What you lot need to do is look at your own muppet players even Dermot Gallagher said on SSN that the ref got all 3 decisions spot on and he is right.
    Now do us all a favour and go and cry on your own board and take your sour little 'Jonny come Romans' with you.
    As i said before your club is an arrogant example on how football should not be played.

13. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

How on earth can you say you deserved to win?! Don't flatter yourself, 4-5 goals?! I'll agree that you were in control, but like I said for the first 20 minutes, you played absolutely dogshit after that. Chelsea are possibly the most hated team in the country because of money so it's no surprise you've had a few texts saying you deserved it. Load of tosh, even the thickest QPR minnion could admit there was a few bent decisions in yesterdays game and your 'goal against 11' was one of them.

After yesterday I don't think you can even use that last sentence to justify your point <laugh>.

14. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

It's much more fun to give people enough rope to hang themselves with.

15. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

It's getting tiresome now; let it lie!

16. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

FAURLIN: FOR THE FANS

Posted on: Mon 24 Oct 2011
    Man of the match Alejandro Faurlin has dedicated Sunday's 1-0 victory against Chelsea to the QPR fans.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk after Heidar Helguson's ninth minute spot-kick handed Rangers all three points over our West London rivals, the Argentine ace said: "We really needed this first home win.

"This is one for the fans, for the whole QPR family.

"We need to keep going now.

"We know it's going to be a tough season, but we have started well."

Chelsea were reduced to nine men when Jose Bosingwa and Didier Drogba saw red and Faurlin added: "It is strange - maybe the double sending off made it more difficult at times.

"They kept coming and coming at us but we remained strong and got the three points we deserved.

"We had to keep the ball as well as we could throughout the game.

"That was always what we were trying to do, even before the sending offs, and we did it really well at times."

17. Northolt-QPR

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...as-chelsea-press-the-self-destruct-button.do?
    QPR on cloud nine as Chelsea press the self-destruct button

Although Andre Villas-Boas is right to be proud of Chelsea's defiance in adversity, their defeat at Queens Park Rangers was almost entirely of their own making and a careless waste of a chance to climb above Manchester United.

The shockwaves of Manchester City's unfathomable victory earlier in the day reverberated through Loftus Road but, rather than inspire the Blues, it appeared if anything to knock them off course.

Referee Chris Foy booked seven Chelsea players and dismissed two, all after awarding a soft penalty to the home side in a series of decisions that provoked Villas-Boas into a post-match tirade that will surely land him in trouble with the Football Association.

It was a surprising loss of discipline from the usually stoic Portuguese that mirrored his team's attitude on the pitch. On another day, David Luiz would not have conceded a ninth-minute penalty after nudging Rangers striker Heidar Helguson in the box but it was a clumsy and complacent challenge that afforded Foy the opportunity to act.

Similarly, Jose Bosingwa failed to react quickly enough to Shaun Wright-Phillips's run and allowed the former Chelsea winger to get goalside before hauling him to the ground and although Foy may have shown leniency given John Terry's position in attempting to provide cover, Chelsea's own fallibility created the problem.

Didier Drogba was the worst offender, though, displaying spectacular idiocy in earning a straight red card for a wild two-footed lunge at Adel Taarabt - he will now miss the chance to further victimise Arsenal on Saturday as part of what will surely be a three-game ban.

Chelsea were impressive after the break with Villas-Boas earning considerable credit for identifying a tactical system of 4-3-1 with substitute Nicolas Anelka spearheading the nine men as they defied their numerical advantage to press strongly for an equaliser.

Such unity bodes well for the future and validates their commitment to more attacking football but in truth the damage had already been done.

Complacency even extended to the forwards as Anelka wasted a glorious late chance, heading straight at Paddy Kenny from inside the six-yard box when it seemed easier to score.

The positives of Chelsea's second-half display were outweighed by the slapdash start that ultimately defined their afternoon and Manchester City's early season form suggests the margin for error is minimal if they are to challenge for the Premier League title.

They cannot afford many days like this and their defending must improve - Chelsea have now gone eight successive Premier League games without keeping a clean sheet for the first time since September 2003.

Villas-Boas's frustration was palpable and goes a long way to explaining his fury towards Foy after the final whistle. That occurred because Chelsea showed admirable spirit but also because Rangers gave an abject lesson in how not to play against nine men.

The home side were superb early on as they hurried and hassled their west London rivals but a QPR midfield set up initially to stifle was suddenly presented with the space to go and dictate play but struggled to make the transition.

Kenny cleared the ball upfield and Luiz allowed it to bounce before bundling over Helguson, who had to fight off Taarabt to take and then convert the resultant spot-kick.

Bosingwa then hauled down Wright-Phillips before Drogba's senseless lunge reduced Chelsea to nine men before half-time.

Lampard went close and may have earned a penalty when going down under a challenge from Fitz Hall before Helguson fired over and Anelka missed late on.

Rangers may not have shown any real incision but their tenacity was rewarded with a notable victory that will serve them well in their battle to remain in the division. "It is the greatest day of my career because of the importance to the fans," said QPR boss Neil Warnock. "They'll be talking about this in 40 years. I know they've had two men sent off, but it's still difficult coming up against that." Chelsea captain John Terry embodied the visitors' agitation for much of the game and was forced to deny rumours that surfaced last night on the internet that he had racially abused Anton Ferdinand in the second half.

Warnock had discipline issues of his own with Taarabt heading straight down the tunnel in anger at being substituted before later returning and for all the Moroccan's talents, he still does not understand the team concept.

But this was a proud day for Rangers who today sit tenth in the table after a victory that provides them with breathing space ahead of tough fixtures against Tottenham and Manchester City.

18. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Ok that's one thing I can commend you for, whilst getting absolutely raped by our 9 men against your 11 you did actually manage to hold a clean sheet and prevent us from scoring. Well done...

I hadn't even mentioned Lamps penalty shout yet.

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I agree although i have waited a long time for this, i can smile and read their sour posts. However we should not knock our fans for giving them some payback after all the arrogant posts that we have had all week.

20. Northolt-QPR

No need for that is there, Drogs has finished whinging now "amen"! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.