1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Burton

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 28, 2017.

1. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Poor result and poor performance from the sound of it.
    Should have been a game we would take by the scruff of the neck, win the points and further distance ourselves from the lower end of the table.
    Where's the killer instinct??

2. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Too bad we couldn't make it into the 4th round of the FA Cup and lose that match to Blackpool, instead of this much more important one. (Blackburn 2 Blackpool 0 today).

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Burtons second away win of the season which takes them out of the bottom three. <yikes>
    Yeah cheers Ollie maybe we can play Vauxhall Motors next. Muppet

WalsallHoop and Kilburn like this.
  4. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Looks like a huge error by the manager to change a winning team - if Olly was intending to gamble on today's lineup in order to field a stronger team for the Newcastle match it looks like it has turned out to be a terrible own goal - we simply must win against the teams around us - dropping points to the leaders will likely be irrelevant in the greater scheme of things.

A really disappointing day which feels very much like one step forward and 2 steps back. We really do make things difficult for ourselves.

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Spot on Seagull. You now see us getting stuffed at Newcastle. He should have played the strongest team today

Hoop-Leif and Kilburn like this.
  6. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

You always play a winning side..if ollie did rest players for toon game then he needs his arse kicking!

SW Ranger and QPR Oslo like this.
  7. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Looks like we're writing some serious new records for our history books, aren't we, eh?

8. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

Has Ollie had his usual talkin bollocks post match chat yet? Looking forward to his take on today.

9. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Agree about changing the side but side out there should have been enough to see off burton, didn't get run of the ball in there area at times but poor performance

10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I genuinely thought Hollow had learned and was becoming a pretty decent manager for us but he then shoots himself in the foot. I am still awaiting my mates match report but I cannot see anything positive coming from him.
    However good on Washington.

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Atrocious first half. Washington made things happen in the second and we were marginally better but still crap. Why wait until 85 minutes to bring Mackie on?

Sylla was laughably bad. The bloke doesn't have a clue what he's doing unless he has no time to think. Lynch and Onuoha both cluless. Lynch dives in every time. Doughty didn't take his chance at all and Luongo might as well have not been there. Only positives were the wide players who had reasonable second halves, Washington who did more in one half than Sylla has done in a month and Manning who was good again.

Credit to Burton too who were tidy on the ball and didn't defend like tarts without it. Didn't do anything uncomplicated, just kept it well and broke with some pace.

12. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Very poor performance first half - felt almost like a training game

Baffling that Holloway should change the team - almost as if he expected us to cruise past Burton regardless of his team selection

Central midfield poor for much of the game with both Doughty and Luongo failing to impose themselves

We desperately need a new striker - Sylla simply isn't reliable enough

Very disappointed!

ELLERS likes this.
  13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

So my mate has phoned me and I asked he how it was..... The answer was sort of like this....."@@@@...@@@@@..@@@@@...Holloway @@@@ @@@@@. Don't get me started on...@@@@@...@@@@@!
    I am glad I missed this.

BlindFaith and deano58 like this.
  14. UpminstR

UpminstR Well-Known Member

Scylla spent most of the half pointing at where the ball should have been played to him. Sad indictment against him is if he'd moved a yard he would have got there. #wrongsort I fear.

Staines R's likes this.
  15. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Lynch having a go at him in the first half was brilliant. I don't think he's a bad sort, just not very good. Brainless.

16. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Nothing to disagree with sadly. Connor scoring was great but he fluffed his lines when put thru 1 on 1.
    I'm afraid 'dire' is the only word for today's offering.
    Pleasant to bump into Col and wish him a belated Happy New Year.

17. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Shockingly poor performance even by this season's standards. A lot of the team who have played well in recent games (Lynch, Luongo, Furlong and Onouha in particular but by no means just them) seemed like totally different players. Burton's early goal put a spanner in the works of any tactics Holloway might have been using (not clear what they were TBH) and as usual he has no plan B. In fact we were so poor that even Washington looked halfway decent when he came on. The missing ingredient was enthusiasm IMO and while it could be just a coincidence that Jamie Mackie spent most of the game o the bench I very much doubt it.

18. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Wish we'd sold Sylla and not Polter.

19. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

When we only had 2 out and out strikers it seems totally daft to let either of them go until we have replacements coming on the door.

BlindFaith likes this.
  20. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Apparently Hall aggravated an akilies problem and Sylla picked up a hamstring injury during the game and both probably won't travel to Newcastle. Great day.