1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPAAAAAGH Look Alike

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by BrixtonR, Mar 23, 2011.

1. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

QPAAAAAGH you look like Tony Hazel, our old no.6 with the thunderbolt shot!

What's the connection or is it just random?

2. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

That is a pic of Tony Hazel of course Brixton. Just seemed like a reasonably enigmatic 'signature' to use on this board. I have very fond memories of 'Lead Boot' as my Dad used to call him from when I first started going along to LR in the mid 60's. Never the most graceful of players but he always got the job done. There are some days when NW has the team playing the long ball game that I think he would still fit right in today :)

3. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

Can I just point out, that I DON'T look like my picture.... :)

4. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Thanks for that QPAAAAAGH. Good choice 'hallmark' moniker. Tony and THAT Rs team (drum and all) is the reason that I got this Hoops adiction in the first place and why I for one, am here on this Board now.

What I liked about your choice was that it celebrates the steely backbone of our history (within the living memory of some) by recognising those who weren't 'stars' as such but who did as much as anyone to put us on the map.

'Lead Boot' sums him up brilliantly. I remember the buzz on the terraces when Man.U. visited the Bush for the first time. We were a bit worried about Bobby Charlton's shooting power - but comforted by the fact we had Tony Hazel !

5. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the drum! Perhaps its time to resurrect that idea again (I know its been done several times before) to try to liven up the crowd at LR these days. People who want to sing are now spread right around the ground so its difficult to get anything going. The drum might be the answer although its hard to see how it could be used to tap out 'We're top of the league...'