1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Puncheon

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintadam1981, Apr 3, 2011.

1. saintadam1981

saintadam1981 Active Member

Does anyone else get irritated when they see Puncheon playing for blackpool?
    I find it disgusting that a player can put in effort and give 100% at one club but not for the club that actually owns him and probably still pays part of his wage! just shows me what kinda guy he is.My bet is now there are other clubs from the prem supposedly after him that he won't give two hoots about blackpool,just another example of the modern day footballer.Don't get me wrong i don't want him at our club but it just pees me right off! am i alone in thinking this?

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Puncheon is in the past. I would be surprised if Blackpool aren't paying all his wages. They are Premiership after all (as Holloway told us after we beat them). He really seems to have got up NA's nose and he seems a tolerant sort of chap. Hated Puncheon's attitude apparently. Interestingly, is N'Guessan going the same way.

3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Why do you say that Fran? N'Guessin? It is true he seems to be a bit petulant at times but surely that is what can happen until you are accepted into the side. You have a dfferent opinion?

4. fran-MLs little camera

Know nothing about N'Guessen really. Just he had a little tiff with NA a few matches ago and I just get the impression he wants to play more. We all know that NA likes team players. Shame his perfectly legal goal against Charlton didn't stand. On such little things do careers turn...Forte's two goals have bought him time with the fans. Must repeat to self...do not start rumours.

5. Beddy

No rumours started Fran.....just curious why you thought that N'guessin was going the same way as puncheon? Personally I am more worried about Guly. Since signing his contract he seems to have gone off the boil a bit. I suppose you could say same about Chaplow!!!

6. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

To be honest Beddy, I think alot of players play their heart out when on loan to get a full contract, then, when they've got the full contract in the back pocket, they seem to ease off the gas pedal and give 70-80%. instead of the 120% when on loan.

<party>COYR<party>

7. Beddy

Agree totally Tuckshop........Thats when the manager earns his corn or should do........But NA seems to work a different way. That new guy did well when he came on. I have a feeling that his deal is done and dusted for purchase in the summer!!!

8. Southampton_FC

punch did well when he first come to us, but seemed to lose intrest.
    im shocked to see him getting games for blackpool in the prem though. because, i honestly think his level is league 1.

9. fran-MLs little camera

I had time for Puncheon last year, felt he could play in the Championship. I think he's a player who does well for a team when he first arrives and then gets bored. How long is his contract? NC turned down a sale this season...will we get a good price in the summer after his time in Premiership.

10. Beddy

Not if Blackpool get relegated we won't. He is probably hanging on for a Bosman as if we do not sell him this year he will walk on a freebe next?

11. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

I don't care if he tries his hardest at Fulham. I was hoping he stuck 2 wonder strikes in to be honest. $$$$ :)

12. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

punchless for us and starting to do less and less for the Tangerines. Have a sinking feeling that he could be crawling back here in the summer. Praying that somebody will want to buy him.

13. HackySaints

HackySaints Member

Punch great player but just didn't settle with Saints for what ever reason. This happens. All the best with your career. You don't look out of place at all playing in the Prem.