1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pulsating stuff today!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ninian opinion, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Great atmosphere and non stop action. City should have been out of sight at half tIme. NW got it right with 2 wide men.

Plenty of talking points.

Zahore, Murphy, Morrison Gunnersson & Harris in particular were magnificent.

Bamba a giant of a leader, certainly missed him in past few games- no way we would have lost to Barnsley & conceded late to Brentford.

Grealish an embarrassment and a diver. Villa average but City made them look so, especially 1st half.

The ref was a clown.

Thoroughly merited 3 points. A couple of astute acquisitions this month and a top 10 finish is not outlandish.

Great start to 2017!

Stevoldinho and blueturk the cat like this.
  2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I can't add much to that Ninian. We defended from the front and attacked from the back.

That was the "Cardiff Way"

I did not realise that Villa employed Tom Daley as a coach.

Ccfc4ever likes this.
  3. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

It certainly had me on the edge of my seat throughout the game,
    Big well done to our keeper Murphy who pulled off three or four great saves to keep us ahead in the second half. The team thoroughly deserved the applause of the City fans at the end of a great match.
    I stilll dont understand fans who start leaving 10 minutes from the end with the game on a knife edge but each to their own I guess.......

4. blueturk the cat

blueturk the cat Well-Known Member

I took the dog for a walk with 10 mins to go ....And I was watching Sky Sports News :undecided:

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

The edges of how many seats?

Totally agree with your last comment BT. What is the point of sitting through 75/80 minutes of a game then leaving - at a time when things are heating up, players are getting tired, officials getting stressed, the crowd are getting worked up and anything can happen? If at the cinema would they leave 10/15 minutes before the end of a film?

6. ninian opinion

The choices are to either park 15 minutes away. See the game out. Walk 15 minutes. Drive home.

Or leave early to sit in a traffic jam in the stadium car park.

Or get a bus or train or have the wife pick you up.

7. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Game of the season for me! Relegation isn't an issue anymore, Colin's magic has started to work. Roll on the Wurzels!

8. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I admit that after the result against Villa I started looking at the teams above us rather than those below. A different perspective.

3 points off mid table.

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to agree with all this - probably the best two halves of the season and for both for different reasons.

First half was the best display of confident football I've seen since that Norwich game under OGS when we took a 2 goal lead with some sublime stuff. The difference in those two games was the second halves of each. That Norwich game we folded and let in 4 to lose it, but that wasn't going to happen under Warnock yesterday.

We blitzed them for the first 45 minutes and defended like Rorke's Drift in the second - a complete and comprehensive display of how to win a game against subjectively superior opposition.

I also can't see relegation for us as being an issue this season after that performance. The big question will be how far up the table we can get with some new additions to spice it up a bit more.

Unless you're wildly optomistic (and why not <laugh>), that Barnsley home defeat and the effective 2 dropped points at Brentford staight after has put the kybosh on a top 6 finish. Those dropped 5 points could make all the difference - but you never know eh?

10. ccfcremotesupport

I'm optimistic that relegation shouldn't be a worry but think top 6 is TOO optimistic.

My hope is that Colin can lay solid foundations during the second half of the season and will be with us next season for a push for that top 6 finish.

11. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

We've seen some little sh!ts playing against us over the years but that little t#at Grealish must sit at the top of the dung heap. He rivaled Trundle for the amount of deserved abuse he got yesterday. Has he been trained to fall over when someone looks at him in a funny way? And then Bruce has the gall to defend him. He should have been given a second yellow for his dive at the end of the game.

I suppose the only good from his actions was to wind City fans up to keep the noise level going.

12. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Also can we appreciate the complete role reversal of Kenneth Zohore?!? Despite missing that chance before HT, I though his hold up play and work rate was immense - the Villa centre backs weren't given an easy minute all afternoon. Needs to be more clinical in front of goal but have to say considering how desperate we were for a striker Colin seems to have pulled this one out of the bag. Still need a striker but would now say a driving creative midfielder to play in behind (ala Mutch and O'Neil) is more of a priority!

Got my ticket in the away end in 2 weeks time. Looking forward to it <ok>

DaiJones and BluefromBridgend like this.
  13. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Anyone know what that plane circling the ground was all about?

14. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

15. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

No one close to me knew what "Operation Frankish" was about, most thought it was fracking shale gas.

16. ccfcremotesupport

not a particulalry good campaign if no one knew what the frack it was about.

DaiJones likes this.
  17. ninian opinion

This division is bizarre but brilliant :emoticon-0148-yes:

BHA storming ahead. Barnsley a month or so ago were dropping like a stone but now are going well. Huddersfield just keep on going. Bristol City are imploding. BÅ‚ackburn beating Newcastle twice. Norwich & Brentford are hot & cold. Leeds are defying logic. Wolves & Ipswich impossible to predict. QPR 2 wins from nowhere. Birmingham 1 point from 12 since sacking Rowett. Fulham entertain but are inconsistent. Forest look vulnerable to drop further down with their transfer embargo. Derby now dropping points. Reading plod along. Sheff Wed hanging on to a top 6 spot. Villa stutter. PNE continue to surprise.

And that leaves the City! Bitter sweet. Guaranteed to frustrate and be thrilled in equal measures. But more luck and we'd be comfortable mid table but at least we're out of the bottom 3 - just!

So long as Burton, Wigan & Rotherham don't start a winning run<yikes>

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  18. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Reminds me strongly of Jay, perhaps he's showing us why he was so highly rated in belgium as a youngster