1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

pulis

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by koskikabow, Jan 2, 2016.

1. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

He gave me misery when he was at Stoke and he still gives me misery <steam>

Just hope we can draw them in the cup to get some revenge.

2. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

As you well know I have never been a fan of him and his style of football. BUT...however reluctantly, I have to admit some (very) grudging admiration for what he achieves...not pretty, but it works

3. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Today was another example of trying to play with the false No9 against a team that sits deep and counters, similar to Palace, Watford....

Bojan was ineffective today compared to recent games and if affects the general freedom of the front three. We weren't at the races today and West Brom deserved the points regardless, but this was another game where we could/should of reverted to a tradional striker.

zozozela likes this.
  4. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

No disrespect to WBA but these are the bread and butter clubs that we should be getting better results against, pointless beating the big teams then slipping up against the lesser ones.

ProudPotter likes this.
  5. ProudPotter

ProudPotter Well-Known Member

I actually thought the same, that maybe we should have altered things against WBA, given the way they play and their physicality. On the other hand why change a winning team? Having watched Liverpool vs WHU the false 9 set-up should be more effective against what I consider a weak Liverpool defence. However the team only has 2 days to recover before Tuesday so does Hughes change things? I don't know.

6. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think you have to openly change things, you just need to able to adapt as the game goes on. Our good results have tended to be against teams that play rather than sit.