1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pulis to bid for Bendtner

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by Benito Fisher, Aug 2, 2011.

1. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Gosh 60 odd posts on something that will not happen.

The real debate should be C. Cole -V- Jerome, or some other Championship Striker!!

2. devonblue

devonblue Member

Its difficult not to judge someone when they have missed 2 or 3 sitters in a game, their team have lost by a single goal, and they tell BBC Football Focus the following week that they consider themselves to be 'in the top 5 strikers in world'. If thats not cocky, then god knows what it!

I would take a player who wasnt afraid to take risks AND SCORED REGULARLY! over someone who has a poor goals to game ratio and misses sitters.

3. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Yea Mama takes risks, he puts one foot in front of the other, slowly

4. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

You know he has never said that right? Look up what the actualy quotes are before jumping to conclusions.

5. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Devon Blue
    Cheers for that I went OTT. Does this mean you will come back and help fend off the Gunner's fans who usually have rant at Stoke and anything to do with Stoke? WE need all the support we can get.

I do appreciate what we've achieved the last few years. And to think we Could get Crouch not that would be fantastic work by Tony Pulis. IF he can pull it off.
    Good luck to you for the coming season. <ok>

6. devonblue

devonblue Member

Yes he did, right after the Spurs game last season. And learn to spell.

7. robin_van_ fiberglass

Any evidence?

8. devonblue

devonblue Member

unfortunately BBC doesnt seem to have archives of Football Focus. But he did say it.

9. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

Absolute bollocks once again. Media sensationalised. Actual quote:

“If you ask me,” Bendtner said, “if I am the one of the better goalscorers in the world, I would reply yes, because I believe it”,

“When I look at other strikers, it is true that I need to score more. But the whole of the rest of my game is good. I only need to add the goals to become the man that I want to be; one of the best”

Note: Stop believing all you read in the tabloids.

10. robin_van_ fiberglass

Did you actually watch the interview or did you read about it?

11. devonblue

devonblue Member

You Gooners obviously havent seen the interview im reffering to. Hold on a muinute! Arsenal fans/manager/players not seeing something? I think I just saw a bear ****ting in the woods.

Maybe if it had been Shawcross saying it you'd have all seen it. <laugh> <party>

12. steve_scfc

steve_scfc Member

They don't believe shawcross can talk

13. mas2204

mas2204 Member

Oh dear, I seem to be another one who actually knows what he did or didn't say, and you appear to be wrong.

14. mas2204

mas2204 Member

I hear he can beat his chest quite well.

15. devonblue

devonblue Member

Since when did all you Arsenal fans see EVERY interview the bloke ever did. Last time I looked you hadnt even seen half the filthy tackles your players put in. Fools.

16. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Skysports.com understands Stoke City have made an enquiry for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner.

The Gunners are keen to move on the Danish international striker, and a number of clubs have shown an interest, with clubs from across Europe looking at him.

Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon had made a move for the 23-year-old and held talks with the player last month.

But a deal to take him to Portugal is not yet finalised and there is still interest in keeping him in England.

Skysports.com now understand that Stoke are the latest club to express an interest in taking him.

Stoke are looking to bolster their attacking options in the squad, and have already failed with bids to lands Cameron Jerome and Carlton Cole so far this summer.

17. robin_van_ fiberglass

Ok so your evidence for what Bendtner said is an interview that nobody apart from you has ever seen? Some people aren't even worth arguing with.

18. FullerMagic

FullerMagic Member

Our stadium only holds 28,000 btw. I don't think Bendtner's ego would fit in there.

19. Sir Ric

Sir Ric New Member

bendtner(bender) is far too cocky and arrogant to be a SCFC player!!

20. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tra...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Danish forward Nicklas Bendtner has confirmed that he will leave Arsenal.

A move out of the Emirates Stadium has been mooted for the 23-year-old striker, who was hampered by injury for most of last season.

Speaking before the Denmark squad trained in Glasgow ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Scotland, Bendtner was asked if he was set to leave the London club.

"Yes," he replied. "I have done my part as well as I can, and it's up to Arsenal now to sort it out. I can't do anything more.

"Hopefully it will be sorted soon but, as I said to the Danish press, when I know something, they will.

"I would like to play at a place where you are happy and play every week, that is the most important thing for any football player. Hopefully that will happen soon."

Asked if Stoke were one of the teams he has spoken to, Bendtner laughed , then replied: "I can't say anything about who I have been speaking to. But hopefully it will all get sorted out soon."

Denmark coach Morten Olsen believes Bendtner needs to get regular first-team football.

"It is good for him if he plays first-team football," said Olsen. "You don't play football for 50 years - you have to enjoy it as long as possible.

"Of course, it is also a money question, but a national player has a lot of ambition and wants to play football.

"Nicklas has been injured for a year, but he can be a good player again."