1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Trumpy pumpy.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Aug 4, 2016.

1. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

It's possible..particularly with Russia...but economics always boils down to resources and markets.

Protectionism removes the markets. China has expanded its sphere of influence for resources in Africa. But it relies heavily on the dollar...if the moronic Thin skinned one gets offended and starts some trade wars...China has to force a market somewhere.

If you can't trade and your affluence is a myth that gets exposed ...conflict is the laziest next option...

Maybe I'm a little more jaded than you T. I tend to think it's cycles and every era some civilisation has thought it's been far too civilised to go down that way again and then bam it happens..

People still run things and people are plain stupid lol

Diego likes this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I must confess, there were a couple with a passing resemblance from memory :grin:

Treble likes this.
  3. DirtyFrank

Apparently not...even his Golf club expansions are technically a constitutional violation..if it goes before a majority strict constitutionalist SC...who knows..?

Congress certainly won't touch him..he's safe there.

Diego likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think that China looks back at its history and the way empires have tried to take chunks out of it, and feels threatened and wants to redress the balance. Hong Kong, Taiwan, North Korea, the regions around China are what it wants to protect. I don't believe it wants to expand beyond that. I think that's more an American trait. You don't see Chinese miltary bases popping up all around the world like the Americans. With regards to Russia, something similar but clearly they want to protect their interests in certain parts of the world, particularly the middle-east.

I definitely agree with you about everything going round in cycles and that so-called civilisations are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. Absolutely believe in that and probably to extreme lengths. I look at Nazi Germany and I'm fascinated by how the ideology grew and how a whole nation of both the working classes and the decedant, intelligent, civilised elite gave credence to it. As an outsider looking in, with the benfit of hindsight you think "Nazism was so clearly and obviously wrong, how the hell did the German population buy it? Were they evil?" The answer is ofcourse no they weren't. And then you look at the likes of Trump being elected and his rhetoric on Mexicans and muslims and women for example and people cheering that... and you think "ahhhh, that's how it happens" It's not that people are evil, it's that they genuinely believe it's right to think like that. That's how nations go down the route of tyranny with a smile on their face. That's why that old adage "Never Again" is just pie in the sky bollox tbph.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  5. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

I don't normally think violence is a good thing. You get a bad President or politician. That sucks... Grin and bare it.

I hated baby bush but I would never condone violence against him. He did some deplorable things but I think he was more misguided than evil.

Trump is evil personified. I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if he got killed. Pence might be worse... But I don't think he's as evil as Trump.

I'm not religious but if I were, I'd have to consider that Trump were possibly the anti-xhrist.

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Theoretical question, if Trump "grabs a couple of pussies" during his presidency but doesn't go to war with anyone or send drones to kill indiscriminately, is he better or worse than the last few presidents?

7. DirtyFrank

He has God on his side..God only allowed 2 drops of rain to fall during his speech lol

Diego likes this.
  8. DirtyFrank

Ooooh. Philosophy of morality?.

Is a small evil ok if it means a bigger evil doesn't happen? If you believe in good and bad as states then no.

A bad act is a bad act.

If you're just asking purely as a comparison between presidents? Then obviously if under his watch he doesn't kill or allow to be killed a single person he's a better president than the others...clearly theoretical of course lol

Diego likes this.
  9. DirtyFrank

Oh sweet jesusy

()

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

More a case of "haven't we all done things we shouldn't that never affected our ability at our job" :grin:

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

This media could not be played :(

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He's a complete fraud. His self promoted image of a successful businessman is a joke.

He inherited his fortune and someone worked out that if he'd have invested what he inherited in a high interest bank account his fortune would be the same as it is now. He's therefore a complete clown by denfiintion, as it's easy to make money from billions and he's failed to do so.

He's a misogynist, a racist and a complete egotist. The fact that he now has his reactionary idiotic fat finger on the button is something that the entire World should find terrifying

13. DirtyFrank

Weird..playing for me. It's just insane.

It's literally "the only reality is the one we announce"...

That the press secretary of the Whitehouse just did that...and then refused questions..

Well @Treble your analogy is getting close.

Attacked the Scientists
    Attacked the Intelligentsia
    Attacked The Media and now attempting to control it.
    Identified the Scapegoats.
    Redefined Patriotism and Nationalism

It really is fascism.

Treble, Tobes and Diego like this.
  14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Do you really believe that anyone outside of Korea (if they have the capability) and Israel (possibly) has the sole say over pressing the button? yes their finger may be on it but it takes a rather large joint decision to make it active.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I need to see that <yikes>

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Maybe because I am using IE, people tell me that is very out dated now :(

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

<doh>

The president ultimately calls the shots, I obviously fully understand that he can't act alone, but check out his cabinet ffs.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Is this really a shock mate?

He's a complete buffoon who's surrounded himself with oil shills and right wing ****s

19. DirtyFrank

The old reliance on the bravery of the silo men? Only takes one pair of men to follow the order even if 100 silos don't.

Who would you rely on in the situation room the military? Usually it's them calling for an action and the civilian authority there to thwart them.

Unless they can show physical or mental impairment at the time they would effectively have to carry out a coup d'etat to stop him...name the guy with the conscience in his bunch lol..

Tbf I don't think he would unless he sees it as a good insurance job on all his hotels...bet there's no clause in his policy that says mutually assured self destruction exemption....

20. DirtyFrank

I know it know...it's like a small revolving hammer lol...you keep saying that's as stupid as it gets...knowing full well...oh no it isn't...

Tobes likes this.