1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Trumpy pumpy.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Aug 4, 2016.

1. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

After hearing The Orange Ones speech I'm still sticking with my predictions.

We and the US have gone isolationist and nationalist/populist...The main federalist mainland Europe countries will if not follow suit be weakened by a surge that way.

Eastern European countries will most certainly swing that way giving Putin his excuse to "defend" his border. Trumps US will do nothing at the time it can be stopped. NATO without the US will dither.

China will see this as weakness and move directly in the South China Sea area and then more of Asia.

Countries with no faith in the UN will start making individual protection treaties.

The US will only react when too late and major conflicts in each area will follow.

Yeah....it all sounds incredibly familiar.....

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Agree with a lot of this. But I don't believe the idea that just because America won't be around to defend justice in the world, those evil Chinamen will start taking over the globe. I also don't think the conflicts will be any worse than what they are already.

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I honestly believe its the self entitled, me me me society that we have created. Its a bit childish that when votes don't go the way some people want they demand another vote, its also very patronising that the same people genuinely believe that they know much better than the majority who's vote they want to be ignored.

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

The people didn't vote him in. The system voted him in.

He lost the popular vote by 3million.

I think it's accepted that the system is ****ed up but when you get a self confessed sexual predator and clear racist benefitting from it, it's no surprise that people are worried.

For me it's black and white (ironic). Would I leave the man who is now in charge of the "free" world inside a locked room with my wife or daughter? No chance as he's a sexual deviant. But he's now got his hand hovering over the red button.

When I hear him speak I struggle to believe he's not mildly retarded.

I hope someone shoots him to make the world a better place.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

6. Stan

Stan Stalker

Treble it's late so I'm not going to read that til tomorrow. Does it in any way justify Trump's grab them by the pussy comments or his belief that Mexican heritage judges aren't real judges beliefs? Maybe you can save me some time <cheers>

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

We are animals Frank, intelligent ones yes, but still animals. We will form a tribe/pack anywhere we can to feel safe and secure in our own group be it country, location in country, football team, religion, political stance or even as kids school we go to.
    I am not in any way advocating this, just stating it is a fact that we tend to overlook and occasionally some people take advantage of.

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Do you believe that a mans propensity for grabbing pussy can negate his knowledge/ability in other areas?

9. DirtyFrank

...don't think they are evil anymore than the Russians are ...it's just the nature of things..empires fill a vacuum. If someone steps back and there's someone else big enough to step in...they will.

The conflict will happen when they over reach or panicky smaller countries don't just submit and drag others in.

It's not evil as such just the fact that no matter how big and sophisticated a country gets they are still run by people with egos and insecurities and greed etc..and stupidity lol

10. DirtyFrank

Sorry wrote my reply to T before reading yours...so yes..agree..

Diego likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Does that go for all the previous presidents too?

12. Stan

Stan Stalker

I think it's a very good insight into his state of mind and attitude to other human beings.

In Trump's case it's just another reason to believe that he's entirely inappropriate to be in any kind of position of authority. He's a failed businessman, failed family man, self confessed sexual predator and known racist.

Only in 'Murica.

He'll be dead soon enough fortunately.

Diego likes this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No <laugh> but it does say that part of the reason we've failed to stop the rise of Trump is because the alternative has been too arrogant and smug in its approach to dismissing him. BUT it does it with far more depth than I can explain so well worth reading imo. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but it makes some very good, deeper points.

14. Stan

Stan Stalker

Yep.

Diego likes this.
  15. DirtyFrank

What will be interesting re Trump is how they balance getting their guy on the Supreme Court. Traditionally Republicans select strict constitutionalists that frown on proactive judgements such as Roe v Wade...a main area they want reversals in...unfortunately those same types will adhere to the Constitution completely...something that Trump can't afford because his continued ties to his business are in breach of that constitution..

16. Stan

Stan Stalker

To elaborate on this Diego, I think any man who thinks it's acceptable to grab a woman by her pussy should be in prison so his knowledge/ability in other areas becomes irrelevant!

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I was being sarcastic with terms like "justice" and "evil" in my previous post. I don't think they will fill the vacuum in the traditional sense. It's no longer about taking over countries as an empire, I think it's simply about economics. All that China is interested in is cornering as many financial markets as it can.

If America steps back, then maybe others will feel less threatened? There is an argument that the whole baltics ****e happened because NATO was trying to push the frontline on Russia's doorstep. If America backs off, perhaps Russia will too?

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He has allegedly "stepped back" enough to avoid that problem, not knowing enough about it I can't comment further.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I have had my balls grabbed by a few women back in the day, although it shocked/surprised me on occasion I think putting them in prison would have been harsh.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Did they look like Donald Trump?