1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Report Card

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, May 22, 2017.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

2. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Harsh on Llorente, criticising him for a lack of work rate at a time when the whole team was performing poorly. Can't disagree with their C- assessment though.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Have to agree with this, to be fair I have always thought that Llorente puts in a shift even though he isn't the most mobile. His attitude on the pitch for me has always been good. So I think it is very harsh on him.

swans-m, Taffvalerowdy and Kifflom! like this.
  4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I would agree with C- but we were heading towards C+ which was in the right direction. As far as worst player then there were many you could choose but the worst person who had a huge effect on the season was Jenkins by a mile...

5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Telegraph can get stuffed, Llorente gets an A* from me.

swans-m, London_Jack, Stumpy and 2 others like this.
  6. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

12 points from our first 19 games, 13 points from our last 5. That's why I go to sleep with a smile on my face and when I wake up its still there and this is the dream in between.

Rocky in Swans shorts flops onto his stool exhausted and badly beaten after being cut up, beaten up, knocked down and humiliated for the first half of the fight and seemingly out for the count. It is then discovered that Rockys malaise is due to his coach, an Evil Daemon, feeding off him like a vampire, sucking Rocky's confidence out of him. To cut a long dream short, between round 6 and 7 the Daemon Bradley is discovered chewing on Rockys self esteem and is subsequently exorcised from Rocky's corner. A new coach steps in and as an antidote to the Daemons curse gives Rocky smelling salts of confidence and hope <doh>.

Round 7 begins: The salts start to take effect as Rocky finally begins to wake up. When he does he realises he's in a fight and in big trouble. With the new trainers words of Magic in Rocky's mind, his self belief returns and momentum in the fight swings to-and-fro but at least now, Rocky is fighting back.

Round after round his confidence grows. Messages from his new trainer bounce around his head and coalesce into tactics. Slowly he remembers what the Evil Daemon made him forget, that he's a fighter and certainly not the loser the Daemon made him believe he was.

Round 8, Rocky starts ducking and moving better, Round 9, he's remembers the words of wisdom of his new coach and acts on them, deflecting shots that previously floored him. Round 10, he's hitting back now and hitting back hard. Round 11 he's relentless, he's got belief, he's got the eye of the tiger <laugh>.

The last tortuous round finally arrives. The fight has been longest hardest fight Rocky's ever had or ever will. Now its crunch time, winner takes all. He gets off his stool but his exhausted fans still believe and chant his name.

Rocky struts, bashed up but unbowed to the centre of the ring, punching his gloves, he's ready for this and through bruised and bloodied slits stairs down his prey. He seems bigger than he was when the Daemon was sucking the life out of him. Then his fans only saw a cowering wreck destined for lower leagues but now, with the Gospel according to Clement the Wise swelling his confidence he stands straight and tall, noble and respectful. Basically, since the Daemon left, he's had a dust down, haircut, shower and shave and he looks chuffin gorgeous again.

"Rocky, Rocky, Rocky", comes the frenzied chant from his adoring fans, so loud you can hear them sing in Dunvant <laugh>.

Ding ding, the bell tolls for Rockys prey and he strides forward and unleashes his soul, beating ten buckets of **** out of the fear, pain, shame, embarrassment, bad luck and adversity he fought in the first half of the fight.

A stiff left jab from Rocky right onto fears chin and Siggy floats another ball into the box. A painful straight right to the nose as Lloriente leaps above the defense like some primeval beast and connects. Fear staggers back but Rocky unleashed a sledge hammer blow so hard that fears balls whiplash around his thigh and exploded with a slap on impact with his hip bone. Down, down goes went eyes crossed an on another planet. Fear hits the canvas and shatters into a thousand shards as the ball hits the back of the net.

Relief at last as all Jacks everywhere in the Galaxy simultaneously exhale before sucking in to yell the undecipherable sound of unbridled joy we share only with Man City fans, "Aguerooooooo......." Utter joy, utter relief, utter disbelief. WTF just happened.
    Who'd have thought it, 15th place and 41 points and then.......I wake up again with that same smile on my face looking forward to bedtime again.

For drama, story-line and cinematography alone, this season gets an A from me. Its Oscars all around for this intense, hateful, joyous cliffhanger of a season. Time for my pills

Last edited: May 24, 2017