1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHAMPIONSHIP REBUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 8, 2017.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

If only he got stuck there :)

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

It has all the grubby markings of Jinx all over it!.....................<ok>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  3. DragonPhilljack

Don't get me wrong the kid from Hull is a live wire for sure, but nowhere near Siggy's class or ability, we were told by Jinx that we needed to 'bring in Investors to take us to the next level' well this signing is far from taking us to the next level, and while I see him as no better than what we have, I'll wait until this transfer window closes before I really rip into this ****ty boardroom we now have...............<ok>

At the minute we are weaker going into this season, and our transfer dealings of late leave a lot to be desired.

swantastic likes this.
  4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Valley - I've told you previously that I now believe that Dai & Roof are twins parted at birth.... <laugh>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Arias would be the # 1 right back with Naughton covering both RB and LB

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

Seems to me we are now diverting profit back into the boardroom from player sales, and we have culled the squad quite thin taking a substantial amount off the wage bill this season, we have made approx £80 Million on sale of players this season, and spent on just two players worth talking about, clearly the 'investment to take us to the next level' was a complete false statement from big nosed Jinx, add to all this the increase in SKY TV revenue, and you can see that all these yanks will do is milk the club, and drain us dry, they did the same with DC United, with under investment of the team, with these Yankee ****ers onboard staying in the Prem will be all that they will be interested in, they have no interest in the 'soccer side' of things..............<ok>

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  7. seabreeze

The biggest twins on here are you and valley ...lol

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

We're all talking about the siggy money we've got to spend. Surely we have more than that?
    We sold Cork for 10m, replaced him with Mesa for 11m.
    Sold Barrow for 3m, haven't replaced him.
    I can't think of anyone else we've paid money for this window so that puts us 2m in the black before the sale of siggy.

A club our size with all the income we generate from the premier league should have at least an initial budget of £15-20m, and that's being modest. Add the £47m from sales, we should have a good £60-70m in the kitty ready to bring players in..
    Instead as per usual, were ****ing about trying to get penny pinch for Bony when we should just stump up the extra 3m to bring him in now. If someone were to come in quickly and snap him up for the asking price we would have an identical situation to last year with Allen. You'd think they'd learn.

9. seabreeze

If our wage bill is 80% of our incoming money , it doesn't leave a lot to pay the rest of the bills . We haven't spent a penny for net transfers since we've been up and it seems we can barely keep our heads above water , and so goes all Premier League clubs barring the top 6 or so . Keep in mind ... I think Ayew , Narsingh, Carroll came in the Jan window so they are basically newish players along with players we get this window , that's quite a bit of turn over .

10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

We also sold Gomis for about £3m and saved a good £6-£10m from wages too.

11. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Our wage bill surely can't be 80% anymore? A Ayew, gomis, Ash, Siggy Would have been our highest earners and they've all left. The only players I can see earning anything substantial now would be Llorente, possibly Fernandez, Fabianksi and Borja - although Malaga are probably covering a good portion of that. Of our other starting 11, Mawson, Olsson, Naughton, Fer, Carrol, Ayew were all players with something to prove - Either having been relegated with their previous club or not playing for their current clubs. I can't see any of them commanding a wage high enough to threaten our profit/loss when we are making at least £120m a season.

12. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Naughton has covered as left back.

13. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I don't give a **** about how much we pay as long as we buy good players. Clucas doesn't fill me with any sort of enthusiasm. Reading what Hull fans have to say about him - they mostly think he average and that we are preparing for the Championship.

No club has ever gone bust in the PL - it's only when they slide down the divisions that the financial problems cause issues.
    The moral - pay through the nose to stay in the PL and all will be fine.

14. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Take a look at @SwanseaCityLive's Tweet:

15. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

Kingsley gone to Hull??????

16. DragonPhilljack

More Bollox from Jinx and his blood sucking Yankee paymasters.............<ok>

17. DragonPhilljack

Lets look at this situation in the cold light of day, we sold our Captain and best defender last season and it nearly cost us our PL status, now we have sold our best creative player and replaced him with an untested low quality player from bloody Hull of all places, this window has been so underwhelming, that I can see another January panic like last season, we have bloody Clowns now running this club, and it disgusts me that ****ers like Jinx are still sitting in our stands, gut wrenching is an understatement.....................<ok>

Where is the ambition and passion for the great game? We new back in May of this year that Siggy was history, why only now are we scurrying around for dregs to fill this position? What a bloody mess we have in the Boardroom, sick and tired of these bloody clowns, not worthy of our club, wish there was a way we could get these Bastards out of the Liberty, ****ers the lot of them....................<grr>

18. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Swansea not afraid to spend big in the transfer window – Swansea Football Advisor Landon Donovan

The former LA Galaxy and Everton ace works as a football advisor at the Premier League club after being appointed by American owners Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan.

Donovan says boss Paul Clement will be backed to bring in the men he wants with the £45m they have just earned from Gylfi Sigurdsson’s move to Everton.

Clement wants to sign West Brom’s Nacer Chadli and is close to completing a £16m deal for Hull midfielder Sam Clucas.

“We are not afraid to spend money,” said Donovan. “You may potentially see one or two big signings in the next couple of weeks.

“But it has to be the right player and it’s about whether you are getting a good deal. You can’t just spend money to spend money. We are not Manchester United, Chelsea or Tottenham. They have an endless supply of money. We can’t afford to make big mistakes.

“If Manchester United miss on a £40m transfer, it’s not a big deal. If we do, it could be the end of the club, or the end of the club in the Premier League. We have to think about it smartly.”

Swansea travel to MK Dons tonight in the Carabao Cup second round looking to bounce back from their 4-0 hammering by United at the weekend.

Clement is set to resist making wholesale changes at the League One outfit in a bid to secure a first win of the season.
    Donovan says chairman Huw Jenkins is keen to strengthen too.

“If Huw sees 10 players at £2m each and he thinks they’re all world-class players, then he’s probably going to bring in 10,” Donovan said.

“If he finds one high-quality player he can bring in and he thinks that’s all it’s worth at that time, then that’s what he’ll do. Huw knows what he’s doing. He’s been through this many times, but I would expect there to be a signing or two in the future.”

Source: The Daily Star (So it must be true!)

19. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

"You may potentially see one or two big signings in the next couple of weeks."

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

No **** <laugh>

“It’s exciting for (chairman) Huw (Jenkins) now to have some money to work with and money to spend. We need to keep making the squad better.”

“It’s more that Huw and the scouting team find targets and if there is somebody they think I may know or may have played with or may know something about then they’ll ask me for my advice,

DragonPhilljack likes this.