1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League payments to clubs in 2016-2017.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Jun 1, 2017.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I just read the figures from BBC Sport and was somewhat surprised to see the high amounts and yet I was aware of the billions being fed to the not so starving My question is if any amounts of money are paid to Championship clubs based on their final league position or will this elitism continue until all other teams vanish?

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Criminal, there is no other word for it. That also includes the people who are allowed to fritter such monumental sums on the over hyped Premiership anyway, who then fritter their money on overhyped players.
    I don't watch the Premiership and haven't for several years. I find it frankly dull.

Here are the main bullets (facts) - as presented by the impartial BBC.....

Chelsea were paid £150.8m by the Premier League after winning the 2016-17 title - 50% more than the top earners in 2015-16.

The 2016-17 season was the first of the
    latest TV deal and saw a total of almost £2.4bn paid to the 20 clubs - up from £1.6bn last season.

Bottom club Sunderland got £93.471m - more than the £93.219m 2015-16 winners Leicester pocketed the previous season.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

That's quite nauseating reading.

And there's nearly a £60m gap between the top and bottom even so.

5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

When I read the gossip columns I have often wondered why any club would want to spend 20-30 million pounds on a relatively unknown player from anywhere just because his agent, or his parent club, have deemed that amount is to be the asking price. All this money being thrown around like confetti hasn't done anything to improve player commitment and if anything it tends to make them more like arseholes looking for the next sucker to give them their greed fix. When I read that Ozil and Sanchez were supposedly asking for 350K/week, otherwise they would jump ship, made me very angry at how these jerks have taken over the game.

Send all the greedy players off to China never to return, along with every agent and owner who have played their part in this greed fest.