1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League 2

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, May 15, 2017.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

With so many Ex Premier League clubs competing in the Championship next year it could easily be seen as a 'Premier League2' and I could easily see this happening in the not too distant future with the top two divisions 'linking up'. Some really big clubs here just take a look at this selection who will / could be competing for a place in the top flight next season.

Aston Villa
    Barnsley
    Birmingham City
    Bolton Wanderers
    Cardiff City
    Derby County
    Fulham
    Hull City
    Ipswich Town
    Leeds United
    Middlesbrough
    Norwich City
    Nottingham Forest
    Queen's Park Rangers
    Reading
    Sheffield United
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sunderland
    Wolverhampton Wanderers

So possibly 18 of the 24 clubs will have at some point competed at the highest level albeit some a lot more seasons than others. The Championship seems to get harder to get out of every season, unless you're Ipswich of course who are getting closer to the division's trap door every year ;)

Because of our relegation from the EPL after just one season last time, we now have only one more year's parachute payments so it is imperative we hit the ground running in August. Never has close season HC and player recruitment been so crucial for this club.

OTBC

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But don't forget they're a 'sleeping giant' of a club, as per that recent tweet <ok>
    Or maybe he meant to say 'comatose woolly mammoth' but ran out of character space? <laugh>

KIO likes this.