1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Predict the outcome Poll

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Jun 7, 2017.

?

Who will win???

Poll closed Jun 8, 2017.
  1. Conservatives with 50 plus majority

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Conservatives with 25 plus majority

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Conservatives with 1- 24 majority

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. Hung Parliament - Conservatives the biggest party

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Hung Parliament - Labour the biggest party

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Labour with 1- 24 majority

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Labour with 25 plus majority

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Labour with 50 plus majority

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member

The curious thing about this is that Karl Marx was ancestrally Jewish and Friedrich Engels was introduced to communism by Moses Hess, a Jew.

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I was anti Zionist mainly as a result of how the Zionists treated the indigenous Palestinians..Muslim, Christian etc. This Bordered on stereotyping. And then I found out that my great grandfather on my dad's side was Jewish. When we learn to accept ourselves I have found it makes me more Tolerant of others.However I still struggle to understand how the West is in Cahoots with both Saudi and Israel.. And seemingly is doing so little for the beleaguered Palestinian people.

As for the Irish question.. The English created it by colonising and oppressing. And yes just as in South Africa...reconciliation is necessary and we have to negotiate with the enemy... After all both sides are enemies of each other. If we are to work towards peace in this dangerous world.. It has to be done.....

Generally the history we are spoon feed is tailored to suit or own narrative...

3. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

I got wet today anyway, driving a two tonne dumper truck whilst my mate used his digger, great fun. We also laid a concrete base for my wood store, I did the mixing because the other chap is waiting for a hernia operation and should not be lifting.

Just about to lay in the bath with a beer, hope my back does not set so I'm stuck in the bath so not able to visit the village hall to vote, that would be a shame !! :emoticon-0100-smile

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I always find hot water and Radox is better than beer. Still whatever you choose.

5. superhorns

My back definitely needs a second beer, just managed to vacate the bath. Is it too early to break out the champagne to toast the Tories's increased majority?

6. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

I live in rural Bedfordshire and admit I have done no personal research on the standing candidates in my constituance. However apart from the standing MP I have recieved no information on any of the other candidates either by way of flyers or by canvasing so I am left in a postion of not knowing names of candidates or even what party they are standing for. Is there really a general election today?

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  7. superhorns

If you live in rural Bedfordshire the chances are the Tory candidate will walk it, the others will probably lose their deposits. The other candidates are either fishing or knitting, I'm not being sexist here!!

8. yorkshirehornet

always the 'better than' perspective eh.....

Do you care about people less fortunate than yourself?

9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It is dreadful, but I am not surprised. In rural Northants the current MP doesn't even know where my old village is. The attitude of many seemed to be that you have been elected so just go away and get on with it. You can get through to people, but it is hard work. There are plenty who will go and vote without actually knowing what they are voting for, something I find sad, but you cannot make people take an interest if they don't want to.

10. superhorns

Yes, that is why I recommend a political party that offers the best chance of a better life for all. Labour's spending bribes would saddle future generations with our present debt. How could anyone vote Labour when the leader's own MP's have rubbished him in public and overwhelmingly given him a vote of no confidence.

11. superhorns

I would say most people vote for the party of their choice rather than the competence of their local MP.

12. superhorns

I lived in rural Northants for a time, the local MP was and still is Peter Bone, an excellent local MP and Brexit mainstay. He organised a visit to PMQ's for my wife and myself and showed us around the two chambers.

13. yorkshirehornet

Same old trickle down bait that works again and again on the gullible electorate plus most of the media invested in a win that benefits the patrons.... etc etc...

How come the 5th wealthiest country in the world has so much poverty etc etc? Same model as the US... same human tragedies...

Soup kitchens whilst the banks the govts bailed out... with MY money.... offer million pound packages to their top execs...

I give 10% of my earnings to help the poor.. .I bet you don't??

... and I am a (insert your abusive adjective ) Green voter....

The Tory austerity meme is just a delusion......we have wealth beyond measure if we choose to share it out...

canary-dave likes this.
  14. yorkshirehornet

Oh how jolly good <applause> You must donate to the party then no doubt......

15. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Are you still spewing out this nonsense about the Tories being better for the economy, and, therefore for working people ? You talk about saddling future generations with future debt - yet who will be responsible for the costs of Brexit, both economic and administrative ? Which party is it that is saddling the tax payer with the costs of another election when they already had a majority ? Which party will be responsible for the losses of British tourism when Brexit finally sinks in ? Which party has alienated our best customers with the vague hope of replacing them in the future (would any businessman in his right mind do such a thing ?). You well know that for every year in government since 1945 the Tories have spent more than Labour, borrowed more, and paid back less in outstanding debt compared to the average in Labour years.

16. superhorns

It was an excellent trip to London, we stayed in the St. Ermin's hotel near Scotland Yard, full of Americans.
    No, I do not financially support the Tories. I understand all MP's offer trips to parliament if asked.

17. superhorns

I agree the Tories should have imposed a much higher level of austerity since 2010, maybe they would have done without the Lib Dems meddling.

18. yorkshirehornet

A trip to a local soup kitchen... or to a group of refugees who have just landed in Greece after losing two of their relatives drowned because the boat they paid £1000 each to cross the 12 miles in wasn't seaworthy..... or to a warehouse for rescued railway children might be equally sobering..... unless of course as i imagine you have a blind eye you are paying privately to have treated...

19. yorkshirehornet

well maybe they should give back their selfish payrises

20. yorkshirehornet

You have not evidenced ONE OUNCE of compassion for those less fortunate than yourself the entire time you have trumpeted on our message boards...