1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Powell Sacked

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by dick plumb, Mar 11, 2014.

1. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

According to Daily Mail and other News agencies, Powell has been sacked. Jose Riga is being lined up to take over.

2. typical

typical Well-Known Member

Yes he has gone on sky news now.

3. fruitbataddick

It's on Talksport too. Who is Jose Riga?

4. Iwantabettertakeover

His Championship knowledge will be invaluable...:emoticon-0114-dull:

5. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Do we get any good news this season ?

............. bloody hell,

6. The Valley Redemption

Irrespective of your feelings toward the guy as a manager, this is another bad day for us as a club. May as well rename us Sub-Standard Liege and be done with it.

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

This was the concern if CP went - the fact his replacement would have no knowledge of the championship and more than likely anything to do with CAFC.

This should have been done in January if the plan all along. I foresee a mass exodus come the summer, and it raises doubts about what exactly is going on between the London and Belgium office seeming KM has been going about her job and RD not supporting her.

Scary times. But all the best CP. You did your best despite everything that was thrown at you, and handled it all with dignity.

8. haysey addick

haysey addick Member

I'm annoyed by this! If they didn't want to back Powell from the beginning they should have done this when they took over. Honestly believe we're down now...think this has made up my mind about renewing my season ticket!

Good luck to Powell, wouldn't be surprised if the foxes took him on in a coaching role or something.

9. Iwantabettertakeover

Ditto, and I have no doubt he'll show his worth elsewhere, just as our previous managers have... Well at least it becomes probable when not working with useless owners.

10. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I'd rather he'd walked after Kermit was sold, but he didn't, and it's been increasingly obvious that he and Roland couldn't work. One of them had to go and it wasn't going to be Roland. Let's see what happens on the pitch on Wednesday, and what the fans' reaction is before and after.

11. ForestHillBilly

Chris Powell may be gone as manager, but he's still answering the phone in the commercial centre......................................working out his contract I suppose?

12. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Eh ? give me the number, i want to wish him all the best !

13. haysey addick

haysey addick Member

I've got a theory (hear me out) with this Jose Riga all but appointed mere hours after Powell's been sacked I think he has been in mind from the beginning, even having a hand in the transfers we've had up too now (its been obvious that most weren't Powell's choices)
    I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Reza, the Asteroid, Nego and the worlds worst keeper start tomorrow, with Polish Pete and Koc making the bench....

14. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

What do you reckon the odds are on Poyet signing a new contract are now then.....

Well at least the Petts Wood pastry case will be happy.

Resigned to league 1 and RD pocketing £4m

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He's apparently at the ground now saying his bye's. I don't expect we will hear from the horses mouth as to why he left.

This makes me question my season ticket. Not in direct protest to CP, but how RD plans to run the club.

16. haysey addick

haysey addick Member

I hope this wasn't true, otherwise RD can go f*ck himself....

SimonThomasSky (Simon Thomas)

Powell was offered a new contract last week. Signed it. Was returned by Roland Duchâtelet unsigned with the message you're sacked. #CAFC

17. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Haysey may be right....

Surely thats not allowed and could be investigated.. for zero worth i know....

If we cant sign Poyet, what reason do we have for getting up in the morning ??

I can completely understand Super, a shade of bleak is all i see in front of me.

18. ForestHillBilly

Yes that's what I've been thinking. Still at least it shows that Richard Murray has got no influence at all.

19. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Perhaps after the Standard L fiasco, he tried (albeit slightly) to make CP leave as opposed to being the death bringer he is known as. Pretty swiftly gave in though, and swung the axe.

20. ForestHillBilly

I've only just noticed that season ticket prices have been announced, regardless of what division we're in next season. If Roland actually thinks fans are going to pay the same price to watch L1 football, while at the same time our club is acting as a feeder club to SL, he's in for a rude awakening.