1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pottermouth R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by Pottermouth 328, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

R.I.P Potts hope your still watching your team where ever you are, QPR fan

2. barnaby

barnaby Well-Known Member

From a fellow football fan.

R.I.P Steve.

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Perfectly put. Sums up my feelings.

4. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

5. Very Saddened by the news. Have read I think all the conribitions. Some very kind words said about Potts. All so true and worthy. An absolute gent who was so eloquent who put a lot of us to shame. Great respect for Potts, shame the work at Manchetester Airport prevented Oatcakes and I meeting up prior to a game earlier this year. Great respect for the guy who would articulate himself so well and there was a great abilty to persuade others to come round to his opinion.

A Stoke supporter for 50+ years who has supported them through the thick and thin. Followed them in Division 1, 2 & 3 and back to the EPL. Great that Potts managed to take his Mum to Wembley for the FA Cup Final this year and see that particular monkey off our backs.

Very sadddened and hope that the family see how other supporters not only from Stoke but, also up and down the country thought of him.

RIP and best wishes to the family. Potts will be remembered and his loss I am sure will be felt very heavily by all his friends and family.

Cris

6. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Cris - if you get a chance, have a look at the email he sent me last Friday - under thread oif that name

Nick

7. Nick

Thanks for pointing me that way. TC and Jimmie were two of my favourites from the early 1970's as well. So sad to read all of this. It makes me think look forward not back. I still find that very hard sometimes and with a particular club as Potts did to some extent.

It is such a crying shame that Potts last saw his beloved team at Wembley. On the other hand perhaps it is the greatest place to see your team at Wembley.

I hope we hear more.

Best wishes to the family if you read this. We will all miss Potts!

Kind regards

Cris

8. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Amen Cris

9. potterpalm

potterpalm Member

my deepest sympathies ... im sure the man would love to cry out UTP !!!!
    To all and family

10. binge-on-beer

binge-on-beer Member

Truly gutted . First time on the not 606 site for 2 months and this is the 1st article on the board. Deepest sympathy to the family of a guy that i've never met yet feel that i've got to know from the regular articles and comments he posted on these 606 boards . Will be sadly missed .

11. cretanpotter

cretanpotter New Member

So sad to here of Potts passing, will miss his well thought comments. My thoughts to his family.

12. smoggiestokie

smoggiestokie New Member

Haven't been on for a while and, so, like many others, was shocked by the news. Lost my Dad to a stroke many years ago so sympathise with the family. RIP Potts.

13. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

Steve is brilliant and will live on in my footballing memories as long as I'm around - Over the last 3 seasons I have always intended to go across and meet him at half time ... now I can't .... totally, totally gutted ........

My deepest, deepest sympathies go out to his wife, daughters, close family and friends.

14. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

Kevin - do you know when and where Steve's funeral will be - if so and it is not a private family funeral could you post it -

15. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

As far as I can see this is Potts' last message on the boards - how poignant!

Excellent piece and pretty apt right now Huth.
    I lost my Dad back in 1978 and HOW I wish he could sit along side me at the Britannia Stadium.
    He would have been so, so proud of where the club is today.

Last game I think he was with me was 73 v Liverpool at the victoria Ground.

God bless em one and all.

16. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

17. TheRealPotterJub

Havent been on the board in a while regrettably. Now I have just seen this. The title made my cry straight away.

I've known Potts online for a while now. His views were always clean, opinionated and respectful, and we shared so many jokes together, they are like little "memories" which I shall never forget.

I remember we spoke lots about oatcakes, and one time he told me to keep fit, he'd wander around the block bouncing a tennis ball... random I know, but these are the things I will never forget.

I shall miss him SO much. I wish I could of said goodbye.

Rest in Peace <3

18. peadar1987

peadar1987 Member

I've been away for the last few weeks. This is terrible news to come back to. My thoughts are with his family. Rest in Peace Potts, a true gent.

19. CanarySpurs

CanarySpurs Active Member

From all the Spurs fans on Not606 I hope you rest in peace Steve.

20. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.