1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Post match thread, Chelsea V Watford

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, May 16, 2017.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Decent game for the neutral, our defence was shocking but it was second string.

Am I the only one who noticed how awful kenedy was?
    His first touch was abysmal, every time.
    He couldnt beat a man, can't run, cannot control a ball......

Chalobah was good.
    Ake didn't have a great game but it was a completely new back three.

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

The game last night is exactly why I didn't advocate dropping people like Alonso and Cahill for fringe players in the title run in.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Indeed <ok>

Kenedy....that was as bad a performance as I have ever seen from a footballer to be honest.
    Every time he got the ball he would either pass it backwards, or stay static with the ball and allow himself to be surrounded by Watford players.
    And like I said earlier, his first touch......:emoticon-0119-puke:
    everytime he tried to control the ball it ended up about 5 feet from him, so many of his loose balls ended up in Watford regaining possession.

Not going to condemn him completely due to one game, but it doesn't look like he has the pre-requisites to me.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He was poor and I found his hair cut irritating!

He's had good games for us before in a more advanced position but we'll have to see I guess. Be interesting to see what happens with Rahman in the summer. Not sure how well he has done this year on loan.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Was an "entertaining" match last night. Some terrible defending by us, all 3 goals were giant mistakes. Terry x 2 and the whole defence for Janmaats.

I really like Nathan Chalobah and was surprised Conte doesn't give him more time. Strong, physical and can pass pretty well (a few poor decisions). Only thing is he doesn't look like he can drive with the ball but that's fine we don't need that.

Ake was disappointing for Janmaats goal but some pretty good distribution by him.

Overall though a wins a win. Also does Begovic have like the worse saving ratio ever, i swear whenever he starts (even last year), we always let him in a few

Bodinki likes this.
  6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I was impressed with Chalobah too.
    Then again, he has had the most time playing time with our first team so it stands to reason that he would feel most at home out of the youngsters.
    Ake weren't too bad, when you change the entire defence, its gonna have ramifications.

Fabregas continued to show his worth, maybe Conte should rethink letting go of Batshuayi. When the kid has been given a decent amount of game time, he has done well for us. But mostly he has been limited to 10-15 minute bursts as a sub.
    If we do sign a big name striker next season, rather than flog Bathsuayi, i would be tempted to loan him to a club like Newcastle or someone of that ilk, where he will get game time and show his worth. If he bangs in 20+ goals for them we can either bring him back, or sell him off at an inflated price.
    But paying £30 odd million to just let him sit on the bench while his value plummets, seems daft to me.
    If we sell him this summer, we will get half what we paid, tops!

7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I was surprised Chalobah didn't get more chances to shore up the team. He was doing it well at the beginning of the season and just seems overlooked recently.

Yup i would like bats to get a bit of game time. Loaning him out is the standard Chelsea move.

Even if we sell him now i think he will go for that price. He was killing it in france, even in his very limited gametime here he's had a good record. If a flop for a season Benteke goes for 30m and Liverpool are asking 30m for Sahko, i can't see people shirking 30m for a striker with bags of potential and a fairly good record.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Maybe, but i'd like to see if he can cut it in the Premier League before we get rid.
    If we loan him out to the Geordies and he keeps them up, scoring 20+ goals in the process, his value will sky rocket. We may even decide to keep him.
    The reason i say Newcastle by the way, is because they were interested in signing him last year, but we outbid them.

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I didn't write it very well but i would like bats to get more game time as well. However i can't see that happening and he will go out on loan as its the chelsea MO.

I think if Conte was interested in Bats as the lone striker, he would have replaced Costa when he was totally abject. Even when costa was dropped/suspended, he went for the trio of willian hazard and Pedro.

I don't think he thinks Bats offers any hold up play (on yesterday he doesn't) but he is a goal poacher. I think he will only play bats in a 2 but not on his own. I would be surprised to see him stay as i think Conte likes the 3-4-3 and it suits our players with Hazard and Pedro/Willian. He wouldn't be able to start 2 of the 3 if he moves to 3-5-2

Bodinki likes this.
  10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I was all for letting Michy go even in mid season, but I was ignoring my own advice which is that many great players didn't come good until season 2. Pedro for example. And a goal poacher is exactly what we lack in my opinion. So for now, either loan to decent PL team, or keep AND play more. Chalobah is looking the real thing, Kennedy just had a shocker, but has played really well previously. Ake is a shoe in for the first team, he's got it all.

11. The Ginger Marks

Hopefully you're right but i can't help seeing him as a Kezman type.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Him, Chris Sutton and Torres......its hard to say which one was the most disappointing.
    All 3 had awesome records upon their arrival at Chelsea.
    Kezman had broken Van Nistelrooy's goal scoring record in Holland, Sutton was a Golden Boot winner and title winner, and we all saw how great Torres was at Liverpool.
    I would probably go with Sutton to be honest.
    Remember being so ****ing excited when we signed him, his goal scoring record was outstanding at Blackburn, scored like 2 ****ing goals all season for us <grr>
    And instead of moving on from 99's 3rd place finish, we went backwards and finished 5th because we lacked firepower :(

13. Hoddle Is A Gob

Hoddle Is A Gob Active Member

You've had a good season and just beat the mighty Spurs to the title, with Poch in charge I can see this being reversed next season.

Bodinki likes this.
  14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

His misses v Sunderland opening day of the season were comical. He just bottled it

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Who's the lady in your sig btw?

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

With you playing at Three Point Wembley, I doubt it

17. Hoddle Is A Gob

The pitch will be adjusted to suit our style of pay, this is common practice for all clubs and why you play on a postage stamp.

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Actually our ptich is bigger than your, WHL is one of the smaller PL pitches.

As usual, you have shown you have no knowledge of football and your own club

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  19. Hoddle Is A Gob

Lets not get into who's biggest, we all know I'd win.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

To be fair, your knowledge of Spurs is better than HIAG and Saints08.... are you PISKIE?