1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pompey v PNE

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Apr 8, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Another game and another will they or wont they ??? WHAT you may ask, simples realy WIN of course. Crunch time has arrived for PNE now and the point has been reached where the game plan has to be taking all three points, anything less would see PNE deeper in the mire. Well that's the way I see the current situation so the question has to be can they and will they. I take the view that they can and if PNE can re produce their form prior to Reading then yes they will. Their form against Reading wasn't poor at all, but just lacked that sharpness up front, although it has to be said that Reading are a very good side and in good form.

Pompey will be no pushover and PNE will have to be at their recent very best to grab all three points, and anything less could well end in failure. PNE will be weakened by losing Gardner back to Bolton and they are short of genuine full backs, so the back four will have to be be concentrating 100%.
    Nuge will no doubt want to do well against his old club and stick a goal or two in the net, history shows that many strikers seem to score against their old clubs but I am hoping Nuge will have a day off in that respect.

I will go for a very hard earned narrow win for PNE, but it is going to be close very close and I hope the result isn't due to any rubbish Refereeing decision.

Anyone else any thoughts on this vital game for PNE.

:emoticon-0100-smile

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Pompey have nothing to play for,we have everything to play for, we are not playing badly, tough game but winnable

3. theflyingplumber

Maclad

You are perfectly correct in stating that Pompey have nothing to play for but, they will have no pressure and feel free to express themselves and some players may be playing for a new contract etc. PNE will have to be careful that they don't over commit themselves when going forward, patience may be neccassary certainly during the early part of the game. We have to be up and at them from the first whistle but still showing patience when we have the ball.
    It is a winnable game as you post so hopefully things will go our way.

4. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

win win win put the ball in the back of their net more times than they put it in ours
    SIMPLES :)

5. theflyingplumber

:smiley-finger007:.....Love it finneyfan just blooming well love it....<cheers><cheers>

6. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Brown was on Football League Show on Sky tonight and as ever was extremely up beat. Gotta be positve

7. theflyingplumber

<bubbly>... I hope that he's as up beat this time tomorrow Maclad... <bubbly>...

8. PNE-behind-enemy-lines

I really thought we could get the points, and at one point we looked like we could, like I said on another link, its a point closer to palace! Its better than none so its not over yet!!!!!!! UTW

9. theflyingplumber

It was the difficult close encounter that I envisaged and one that we could and maybe should have got all three points.

We are a point closer to Palace now but the number of games left now are slipping away like a runaway train. It is still possible to save our season but personaly feel that yesterdays loss of two points will count strongly against us doing so.
    I thought that winning yesterday would give us a real opportunity and put extra pressure on the other clubs in a similar position to ourselves, alas it was not to be and now I fear the worst. Still hoping of course and you never know in football so I havent written us off completely as yet.

We did very well yesterday by all accounts and should have got more than the one goal which put us in front, we had chances and didn't take them and then by very poor marking allowed Pompey to grab an equaliser. How many times has this happened this season..:emoticon-0107-sweat

On to Donney now and then at home against the Blades, this time next week all the will they or wont they questions may well have been answered.

:emoticon-0103-cool:........ <whistle>