1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Polter's Off?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I like the guy, has a deceptive turn of pace, decent holder upper of the ball, wins more than his fair share or aerial duals, gives opposition centre halves a right good going over...........ideal for a mid table Championship club.........

One of the good guys......

2. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I'm not going to rush into criticising the Holloway managerial regime for high player churn as that's something which hasn't happened yet. If it does happen then I'm prepared to give Ollie the benefit of the doubt and assume that either the outgoing players don't want to be here, or they're not considered good enough and he'll replace them with upgrades.

Let's see if Ollie can do alchemy.

Telford Ranger likes this.
  3. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

He's got to be on something

kiwiqpr, Tramore Ranger and Uber_Hoop like this.
  4. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

Definitely seems to be a decent type, always first over to the fans at games end and the last to leave. 10 goals and 3 assists in 30 starts is none too shabby given he's spent most games ploughing the loneliest of lone furrows up front miles away from another hooped shirt, getting next to no support from our dynamic midfield. Speaking of which, Chery, Henry and Sandro going ....pffft and meh.

I hope BFG stays. Totally the right sort.

5. Telford Ranger

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

Tramore Ranger and Uber_Hoop like this.
  6. Telford Ranger

They need to come over to the dark side and be pro both. icon_smug.gif

kiwiqpr and Tramore Ranger like this.
  7. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

GOOD ON YA OLLIE GET RID OF USELESS GERMAN XXXX HES NEVER SCORED ENOUGH GOALS IF HE CANT GET TWENTY GOALS A SEASON IN THIS DIVISION GET RID OF THEM CLEAR OUT WASHINGTON AND YENI WHO HASNT SCORED ANY GOALS
    THIS IS WHAT OLLIE DOES BEST GET RID OF USELESS PLAYERS LIKE POULTER
    GET RID OF PRE MADONNAS LIKE CHERRY AND SANDRO AND THE USELESS TWUBT WHO SWANSEA WANT,BOTH WARNOCK AND HOLLOWAY ARE GENIUSES
    AT WHEALING AND DEALING
    WE NEED PEOPLE THAT WILL DIE FOR QPR,THATS WHAT THIS DIVISION IS ALL ABOUT
    OLLIE MAY WELL RECALL ADEL AND JET
    I HOPE HE BUYS OMAR BUGLE FROM GRIMSBY 6 FT 2INCHES AND IS THE MOST PROLIFIC GOAL SCORED IN GREAT BRITAIN 16 GOALS IN 21 GAMES
    THIS SEASON ANOTHER RODNEY MARSH IN THE MAKING THATS WHAT I WANT TO SEE
    ONLY CILLA IS PROLIFIC ENOUGH TO KEEP ALL THE OTHER STRIKERS FIRE BLANKS
    IM SAD TO SEE CHERRY GO BUT OLLIE NEEDS CASH
    AND NOT JONNY CASH HE NEEDS THE POPPY,IF OLLIE CAN CLEAR OUT ALL DROSS MAYBE A PLAY OFF PLACE IS POSSIBLE BUT I WOULD SETTLE FOR SEVENTH GTHIS SEASON THEN HIT THE GROUND RUNNING NEXT SEASON AND DO A BRIGHTON
    IM SORRY IF YOU GUYS ARE OFFENDED BUT IM FED UP WATCHING POULTER ALWAYS JUST MISSING THE TARGET,HE IS A VERY SWEET AND LOVELY PERSON IN REAL LIFE BUT HES NO JET
    JET WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR LEADING SCORER THIS SEASON,BUT JUST BECAUSE HE TOLD FERDINAND TO XXXXX OFF HE GETS SHIPPED OUT
    OL BIG HEAD FERDINAND NEEDS TO BE TOLD THE TRUTH HES NEVER BEEN A MANAGER SO WHY DOES HE THINK HE CAN MANAGE
    CLEAR OUT TEN PLAYERS RE BUILD
    ONLY PAVEL AND CILLA SHOULD KEPT THE REST CAN MOVE ON
    I LOVE YOU OLLIE ,I LOVE YOU MAN CLEAR THIS DROSS OUT BRING IN SOME ARSENAL AND CHELSEA YOUTH STRIKERS AND
    WE ARE QPR SAY WE ARE QPR

8. TraleeRanger

TraleeRanger Member

I actually think a stint in the upper reaches of league 1 on loan would determine whether he has a future at the club rather than sending him packing when Ollie has only been in charge for 9 games.

He has clearly shown the heart and desire to want to play for the club and has improved since his arrival, so why not send him out on loan and give the lad the chance to build his confidence and score a few goals. If that fails then put up the for sale sign.

A stint on loan did Sir Les no harm!?

9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I can see this going from bad to worse!!

sb_73 likes this.
  10. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Not sure that would work, I think Polter has proved himself at this level so I'm not sure what a loan to league 1 would achieve. I guess Ollie thinks there is better available but I hope we don't get rid of him on a whim. As others have said he is absolutely the right sort.

11. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Easily good enough. He's a good age, seemingly a good attitude and should only improve. Would cost a fortune to replace.

sb_73 and Ciarrai_Abu like this.
  13. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

It only says we are listening to offers not that we are looking to sell him. I bet we are listening to offers for Smithies, and if they hit a certain return on cost we would sell. Probably true wrt anyone

14. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Yes, but at best it's not very reassuring for the player to read that the club is listening to offers. If we valued him such a statement would be crass so the conclusion you would have to come to would be that they want rid. A pity but that's where we're at right now.

15. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

i do actually agree with you there Shawswood

Tramore Ranger and Shawswood like this.
  16. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

POLTER COMPLETES FC UNION BERLIN MOVE

PUBLISHED

15:09 12th January 2017

by @QPRFC

Striker signs permanent deal with German second tier side …

• QPR confirm Sebastian Polter's departure
    • German striker moves back to homeland with FC Union Berlin
    • Front-man thanks 'incredible' R's fans for their support
    SEBASTIAN Polter has completed a permanent transfer from QPR to FC Union Berlin, joining the German second-tier side for an undisclosed fee.

The striker joined the R's from Mainz in the summer of 2015, and in his time at Loftus Road made 56 appearances, scoring 11 goals.

Prior to joining Rangers, Polter spent a year on loan at FC Union Berlin, where he scored 14 goals in 29 appearances.

QPR manager Ian Holloway told

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-sebastian-polter-fc-union-berlin-3511756.aspx#Jxe8Yc83mpxPWQ2F.99www.qpr.co.uk
    : “I am sorry to lose Seb. He is a great professional and has an attitude that I love.
    “Whether it’s in training or in matches, he gives you everything he’s got. His desire and commitment made him very popular with the fans here, which tells you everything.
    “We wish him every success in the future because he is a man who deserves it.”
    Polter added: “I have had a fantastic time at QPR. At the start it was difficult for me but I came through and really enjoyed the honour of playing for the club.
    “I am sad to leave but, for family reasons, this move back to Germany at this particular moment in my life is the right thing for me to do, so I could not turn this down.
    “QPR will always be a special club for me and I have made memories here that I will keep with me forever.
    “I want to thank the fans for the love they have shown me. They are incredible supporters.”
    The club would like to thank Seb for his contribution during his time with us, and wish him every success in the future.
    The deal is subject to International Clearance being issued.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2...union-berlin-3511756.aspx#Jxe8Yc83mpxPWQ2F.99

17. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Family issues. Real or convenient reason? Bit of both perhaps. Oh well.

18. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I think his missus found London a bit too hectic and went home.

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  19. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Understand his wife and kids couldn't settle in UK and had already moved back to Germany.......in circumstances I don't believe anyone should begrudge him a move back.........

Always welcome back at HQ as far as I'm concerned.....

EscapeGoat and QPR999 like this.
  20. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I am pleased to know that. Sometimes it just does not work out I guess. Perhaps more often than not for QPR!

Tramore Ranger likes this.