1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. woolstonian

woolstonian Well-Known Member

If he turns out to be a Muslim then Trump won't be the only one by a long margin.

2. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

edited this seeing as CH4 was dishing out fake news.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  3. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Just what Trump wants - perfect for him to put the blame on Muslims overall.
    Seems a number of casualties were French school kids over for a trip :emoticon-0101-sadsm

4. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

I'll shut my mouth because they are now back tracking and don't think it is the chap they said it was.

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

And on a day when a seious incident occurred outside the Palace of Westminster - the words, "An Act of Terrorism" having been quickly applied by many in the media, the UK signs a deal with Turkey to sell fighter jets. No doubt these will be used to bomb the crap out of the Kurds, so-called IS targets etc. So an attack against the state is terrorism, but the State attacking civilians is exactly, what? Terrorism?

6. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

Aren't the Kurds fighting IS?

7. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39359319

Foreign Office Minister Tobias Ellwood has been called a "hero" after he was pictured giving first aid to one of the casualties of the London terror attack.

Did his best but it didn't work. He must be gutted but he shouldn't be.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  8. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Channel 4 now not rebroadcasting the news on their +1 channel.

They named the alleged perpetrator, then tried retracting it by saying they're 'not as sure as they were' about the claim just moments later

Their news show ended with the solicitor and brother of alleged perpetrator saying his client is not the man who attacked parliament today.

What a massive **** up - better get the legal team ready...

9. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

He was formerly an officer in the Greenjackets.

10. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

The guy they named (Trevor Brooks) is still in prison.

11. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

The Prime Minister has just addressed the nation.

12. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

The Kurds are fighting everyone, I guess when the great powers divided up the Middle East they forgot to give them a country. So they now live in Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq. So 30 million Kurds are suppressed by 4 countries (and IS). When it suits the US or Russia they support them.

13. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

Hmm. Sounds the likely story unfortunately!

14. davecg69

The Middle East division was absolutely scandalous and has been the root cause of many of the issues out there. T.E.Lawrence warned against it, if I recall correctly, but the powers ignored him. Not sure it will ever get sorted out, to be honest.

fatletiss and Onionman like this.
  15. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Apologies for the language (don't open if easily offended) but I feel it's justified in this case:

Vin

davecg69 likes this.
  16. davecg69

Ain't it always the same? The minority who wreck it for the normal, peaceful majority who just want a relatively easy life and to be left alone to enjoy it.

Onionman likes this.
  17. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

I can see the point, but with the IRA, violence was a way getting to the negotiating table. With Islam no such negotiations are being sought. The army command also knew the vast majority of the top boys and the soldiers of both catholic and protestant paramilitaries , a lot of the top brass actually wanted a night of the long knives and rid them all out, but Westminster baulked at the idea. I heard yesterday that MI5 have 3000 potential jihadi under surveillance at a cost of 9 billion or million (I thought I heard billion but seems a lot) year, so its not a small problem, with no small solutions

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  18. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Have to say this made me laugh.

davecg69 likes this.
  19. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

It's undoubtedly more of a challenge from a logistical standpoint, because most of these idiots aren't part of some shadowy, worldwide group no matter what ISIS suggests...they're just angry people who found something that tells them they are right to be angry, and tells them that their anger can be used for violence in service of a greater cause, often with no direct connection between the radicalizing force and the individual. That's hard to track, and harder to prosecute.

That's extremely difficult to handle, but it's not an Islam problem. It happens to be the exact same model followed by modern white supremacists, as an example; they are more likely to meet openly, but self-radicalization via the internet has become the biggest recruiting tool for that community of ****s, too. Dylann Roof, who shot up a black church, had his general anger focused by reading white supremacist material online. Alexandre Bissonnette, who shot up a Quebec City mosque, was timid and bullied in life but found power as a far right troll online, and eventually stepped up to mass murder.

There's your problem: angry (usually, but not always) young men, not religion or creed or race. Disaffected and believing that the world has wronged them, generally narrowing that down to a self-selected cause and target for their violence Westerners, in the case of the Islamic State wannabees. Black people or Muslims, in the above two cases. Women who won't sleep with him, in the case of Elliott Rodger in California, or feminists (who won't sleep with him) a generation earlier with Marc Levine in Montreal. Classmates who didn't afford them the respect they believed due, in countless numbers of school shootings. Their stated causes may have differed, but the root cause was generally the same.

Which isn't to say that all attacks fall into that category...many of the larger-scale, more organized attacks do have political aims, as the IRA did before them.

20. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

You guys watched Dukes of Hazzard? Why?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)

1. StJabbo1
  2. Shandy_top_89