1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    written by Douglas Adams

The Babel fish is small, yellow, leechlike, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centers of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.
    Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the NON-existence of God.
    The argument goes like this:
    `I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
    `But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
    `Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.
    `Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
    Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, "Well, That about Wraps It Up for God."
    Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.

ImpSaint likes this.
  2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

The womans march is amazing, seriously one of the best things I have seen in my life time.

3. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

Saw Madonna speaking on it earlier. Still peaceful unless I've missed something.

4. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Been a few incidents, but millions are protesting. So bound to be some idiots.

5. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Seen Trump's speech at the CIA tonight? The man is unhinged.

- media have lied about his inauguration, there were over 1m people there (Politico report around 200,000 as the number)
    - God stopped it raining during his speech
    - there's a chance to get more oil within Iraq
    - the media made up that he criticised the country's secret services and intelligence services

Now there are CIA sources telling CNN that Trump had people planted in the audience at the front and sides to clap and cheer, the rest of the crowd are motionless.

6. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Yeah him mumbling about taking Iraqs oil was just crazy.

7. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

USA now holding a press conference for Trump's press officer to claim it was the biggest inauguration crowd ever.

8. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

They said that the white flooring made the crowds look small. <laugh>

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

10. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

One of the most insane things I've ever seen.

An actual dick measuring contest - by actual adults.

Astonishing

11. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Do you not read the forum everyday? <laugh>

12. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

There's a time to sit quietly on the sidelines, and there's a time to ****ing act. This is the latter, and it's really gratifying to see. The people who showed up at the marches today...keep the momentum going. 2018 isn't enough. 2020 isn't enough. Don't stop until it's won. Don't stop until they cannot come back from this.

13. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

It was certainly impressive.

Trump got more women out exercising in one day than Obama managed in 8 years.<laugh>

Or any time 2 men talk to each other.

fatletiss and ImpSaint like this.
  14. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

If someone tries to shoot president Trump will someone shout out "Donald Duck".

Where's my coat.

ImpSaint, fatletiss and Onionman like this.
  15. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Video of him saying it at a meeting with business owners was just on CNN. This 'no tax' refers to corporations, not people.

He also announced massive regulation reduction.
    He also announced a 'substantial border tax' for products not made in the US

CNN tweeted a video of the event, takes place at 8:37.

Trump to company executives: We think we can cut regulations by 75 percent

U.S. President Donald Trump told leaders of companies ranging from defense manufacturer Lockheed Martin Corp to sportswear apparel maker Under Armour Inc on Monday that he believed his administration could cut U.S. regulations governing companies by 75 percent or more.

16. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Trump's religiious? That is news to me!!! I don't think he has a clue about Christ or any other religious prophet. In fact he doesn't have a clue about anything. Or maybe he does and he is the greatest WUM in living history and he is extracting the biggest laugh of all having had the dumb people vote for him.

17. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

http://wapo.st/2jJO84K

President Trump issued an executive order Monday freezing federal hiring. The hiring freeze excludes national security employees.

A hiring freeze was included in the Trump presidential campaign’s “Contract with the American Voter.” It was the second of six measures “to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, D.C.” and part of his “100-day action plan to Make America Great Again.”

The plan excludes the “military, public safety, and public health.”

Earlier this month, The Washington Post reported that the Obama administration was accelerating hiring to get employees in place before Trump took over. But individuals hired, but who have not yet started working, still could be affected by a freeze.

Still breaking

18. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

19. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

the first thing he did the day after becoming president was to go to church, he may be a WUM, but he plays at being the fool, he has built a career of playing the fool and people do underestimate him-normally to their cost.

I met him many moons ago when he was staying at a golf course which my old boss owned. For 2 days i spent alot of time with his staff as i was the liaison for the club. they all loved the guy, he has the ability getting the best out of people, to get them to see something from a different perspective. He has two sets of aids that work shifts otherwise a single team can not keep up with him because of his 4 hour sleep pattern.
    He does not like being told something can not be done, he will listen to his teams advice and then choose an option, and he hates red tape.
    I liked the guy, seems to have a hard shell but is a warm person underneath (sounds strange), very friendly with his staff. He does have an aura which I have found in lots of powerful people, like Tom Sperring (the owner of Sperring stores, younsters can ask their parents) when i was still working in Southampton and the likes of Branson, and Philip Green when I was working in London.
    If people can give him a chance, and put their personal feelings for the guy aside, I think he will do well in a non political way.

ImpSaint likes this.
  20. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

That's why I said he is a WUM. He is certainly guaranteed column space in the newpapers and airtime with his public behaviour.