1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Political Debate

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Thats why I chose a team that can manage to stay in the premiership :emoticon-0100-smile

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

...and he won't let anyone else have the last word! <cheers>

3. superhorns

correct:1980_boogie_down:

4. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

You were entitled to send crooks home before Brexit - the others, the legal majority are here to stay until they choose otherwise.

5. superhorns

Thankfully it will be for the UK parliament to decide on the terms used whether a migrant deserves to remain a UK citizen or not.

6. colognehornet

'Remain a UK citizen' <laugh> Are you going to start taking passports away ? Also, Britain does not have a free hand on this - namely the Vienna Convention protects 'acquired rights' and contravention of those is a human rights issue which goes beyond the powers of both the UK. and the EU. The other thing is that any action taken against legal EU. citizens in the UK. will be reciprocated the other way - do you really want thousands of disgruntled Brits all returning ?

7. superhorns

If the UK expat crooks are acting like many of our Romanian guests then countries like Spain should throw them out.

8. colognehornet

We are not talking about crooks SH. We are talking about millions of legal citizens who are de facto in possession of unlimited residence permits at the time of speaking - this, once given, cannot be taken away in retrospect. Even if we were talking about crooks - there is a sliding scale by which people who have enjoyed eg. 10 years residence can only be extradited for the most serious of offences. The vast majority of those EU. citizens living in Britain are there to stay - unless they choose otherwise - start interfering with those rights (ie. through enforced expulsions of legal citizens, loss of rights etc.) and Britain will start sliding down the human rights scale. The consequences of such a slide would be incalculable to Britain's image. As I said, the majority are there to stay, and the sooner you start integrating them successfully the better.

9. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I think you clearly are a racist by your statements.... as you dig for data again and again to prove that your 'assertions' are facts.

I wonder do you have any Romanian friends? Do you hold on to your pockets when you are with them?

I am very happy with the Romanian friends I have, the guys who clean my car, pick my veggies, and tended to my mum in hospital recently. I have never felt that any of them were 8 times more likely to commit a crime against me or my property...........

canary-dave likes this.
  10. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Any person from the EU caught acting illegally can be deported from the UK. Why didn't May wish to use the powers she had?

11. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Ooh - got a link for that? I could sure use it up here... :)

12. colognehornet

I would go along with this description - racism is defined as the attribution of a negative stereotype to an entire group of people according to their race, nationality or religion. This stereotype then becoming a basis for action. Unfortunately our society is rife with it - if a person of afro caribbean origins says he wants to be a footballer, athlete or reggae star then it is encouraged (because it fits the stereotype) - if he wants to be a chess grandmaster then it is not. It goes on: Moslem = Terrorist, all Africans have rhythm, all Italians are corrupt and can sing, all Rumanians are thieves, all Germans like marching, all Gypsies steel your babies, and scousers ????? Apparently the EU. is corrupt and undemocratic - and Britain ??? Through my life I have seen one group after the other used as a scapegoat (the 'reason' for Britain's failures) - The Jamaicans, the Irish, the Pakistanis, the unions, the lefties, the Scots, the EU. and now the Rumanians and Poles. Once Britain 'has control of its borders', has full sovereignty ( ie.TTIP with Trump), one day they will run out of scapegoats - whose turn will it be then ?

andytoprankin likes this.
  13. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

363. The circumstances in which a person is liable to deportation include:

1. (i) where the Secretary of State deems the person’s deportation to be conducive to the public good;

(iii) where a court recommends deportation in the case of a person over the age of 17 who has been convicted of an offence punishable with imprisonment.

Bolton's Boots likes this.
  14. superhorns

This debate was started by your objection to my comment regarding Romanian pickpockets working in London. The actual facts on the prevalence on their crimes even surprised me. Over half of all combined nationalities caught pickpocketing on the London underground were in fact Romanian. Enough said.

15. colognehornet

These are dependent on a person's length of residence Frenchie - on a sliding scale from under 6 months up to 10-15 years. In the case of the latter the range of cases is very much reduced.

16. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

But presumably could still be applied rather than a blanket 'throw them all out' approach?

17. colognehornet

The problem is that you are directing your scorn against Rumanians and not against pickpockets - would you throw all English people out of a European capital because of the activities of some so called football fans ? If these people are arriving on cheap fights from Rumania (as you said) for a weekend of lucrative pickpocketing - then they do not belong to our resident Rumanian population. Pickpocketing did not begin with the Rumanians - all tourist centres have a long history of it - whether Rome, Amsterdam or wherever. London is a major tourist centre with over half of these coming from the EU. so you can be sure that a high percentage of the victims are also EU. citizens. This would not stop after Brexit - unless you issue a visa requirement for all EU. citizens, which would also stop many tourists from visiting. You can round up pickpockets - no problem, and then send them back, a policy which existed before Brexit and will exist afterwards. But do not place the whole nationality under suspicion in the way you are doing.

18. superhorns

My scorn was against Romanian pickpockets. There is no justifiable reason why they feel it is ok to come to the UK to steal.

19. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Ex-pats? <whistle> ;)

20. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I am afraid Countries that perceive themselves under threat always behave in such ways..... and we saw many terrible example of it in the last century.

IMO Nationalism is a virtual scourge in that it creates divisiveness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.